The recruitment and training platform, Internshala, has brought out a new report on freshers jobs trends. The key highlight of the report is that business development (sales) with 28% fresher jobs, web and mobile app development at 22%, digital and social media marketing at 13%, operations at 6%, and software development at 6% were the top profiles for which recruiters hired freshers in 2020.
These profiles were equally popular among job-seeking freshers. Business development (sales) jobs received 20% of students applications, web and mobile app development received 15% student applications, followed by digital and social media marketing at 12% and software development at 9%.
According to the report, in 2020, 35% of recruiters were able to close their fresher job vacancies. Another important highlight was that of all the jobs posted, 33% were work-from-home opportunities, while the remaining 67% were in-office opportunities. However, for a major share of the in-office fresher jobs, employers conducted online hiring and deferred the in-office work until the COVID-19 situation improves.
The average minimum CTC offered for freshers jobs was ₹3 LPA, and the maximum CTC was ₹30 LPA. AngularJS development, backend development, business development (sales), data science, data analytics, Java development, and social media marketing were among the profiles which offered highly competitive CTCs to freshers with 0-2 years of experience.
As per the report, most of the fresher jobs were posted in metro cities comprising Delhi-NCR with 37% entry-level jobs, Mumbai with 15%, and Bangalore with 14%. Interestingly, Chandigarh stood sixth in the list and offered 4% of the fresher jobs.
Commenting on the report, the founder and CEO of Internshala, Sarvesh Agrawal, said, “Fresher jobs on Internshala aims to connect the employers looking to hire for entry-level jobs at their organisation with freshers having 0-2 years of experience looking for their first jobs. We aim to help employers hire quality freshers in a quick and seamless manner through our world-class application tracking system to help them efficiently screen and hire the best candidates.”
“At the same time, we also strive to assist freshers in finding quality jobs to begin their career journey. We also ensure that jobs offered on Internshala provide a minimum CTC of 3LPA as we believe that deserving freshers with relevant training and internship experiences deserve to be paid a certain minimum salary. As most of the fresher jobs are offered in metro cities, the minimum CTC also ensures that the freshly hired candidates will be able to survive in these cities without needing financial help from their family,” he added.