This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by shakeel ahmad. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Roadshows Turn Out To Be Icky For Kamal Haasan And Nusrat Jahan

More from shakeel ahmad

What was done by Kamal Haasan during the election campaign was done by Nusrat Jahan, an MP from Basirhaat seat in West Bengal, a few days ago. Both happen to be film actors and showed their respective frustrated ire at the time. One was upset because of a non-functional mike, while another angered at the time factor.

Jahan was also part of her party’s roadshow. She belongs to Trinamool Congress (TMC), while Kamal belongs to a three-year-old party Makkal Needhi Maiam (MNM). If a three-year-old political leader can throw away his party symbol (torchlight) in utter frustration during an election campaign in Tamil Nadu, why does an elected representative not discontinue her election campaign in irritation?

Intensely frustrated over his microphone not working during the roadshow, Kamal was seen throwing down a torchlight he had been carrying in his hand during the campaign.

Think a bit more about the actor-turned-politician Nushrat Jahan for her nuances and proving herself a problematic personality. She was definitely not wedged sideways like the heaviest Panama carrier but suffered a sprain in one of her legs. It could be her misfortune. She did lend her support to the party’s candidate contesting from the Guma constituency in West Bengal.

Could she suddenly break the election campaign for her party’s candidate? A sprain in her leg made her leave the chosen poll campaign. She was busy in the poll campaign for the other party candidate Narayan Goswami at Guma in the Ashoknagar constituency. In the meantime, she was reported to have lost her composure and discontinued a roadshow midway in the North 24 Parganas district that sooner stroke a substantial argument.

She contended that she does not have a part in any election rally that lasts for more than an hour, even if it is in support of Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee. When she had joined the campaigning for more than an hour, how could she refuse to continue in the roadshow? Was her sudden refusal made due to a sprain in her leg? 

Unexpectedly she declined to remain with the roadshow and even evaded the party workers’ intense requests to stay back until the political roadshow finished. “I am partaking in the poll roadshow for more than an hour, (which) I don’t do even for the chief minister; are you joking?” the Basirhat MP could be overheard telling the TMC workers and supporters.

However, the party candidate thought it better to clear the doubt. He said that she endured a sprain in her leg. If the contesting candidate makes this factual comment, how could it not be solely believed? Why should we make a mountain of a molehill? Does it not seem to be a politically superfluous stunt to malign one political entity?

If the microphone were not out of order, Kamal Hassan would not have thrown the torchlight. Both the irrational acts were committed in extreme anger.

More from shakeel ahmad

By Uday Che

By Shubham Singla