This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by aashirya anand. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

This School Is Helping Provide Education To All And Here Is How You Can Contribute

More from aashirya anand

Education for all. As hackneyed as this sounds, having headlined the posters of UNESCO and other eminent organisations more often than not, a walk across the outskirts of any place forces one to question where the work is happening on ground. Spanning across decades lie the continuous efforts being made to bridge the gap and yet, the cleft looks far from getting filled.

What is conspicuous and talked about is the state of the ones with a meagre income at fetch and the various opportunities of employment being carved to provide them a continuous sustenance. And yet, what gets overlooked is the ones it hits the hardest, the children. The waxing and waning income takes the cruellest toll on what is supposed to be the most tender and nurturing stage of life, childhood.

While one can gather a handful of ways to back up finances — not because it serves their propaganda — no measure whatsoever can help fill the void of lost childhood once it’s gone. When they grow up, are they confronted with the same tunnelling desperation of nowhere to go or start from the position their parents started from, and hence, relapse. And thus continues a vicious cycle.

Image has been provided by the author.

Education remains the only way out of this spiral. For most of us, we want to contribute to this cause but do not know what holds us back. As it is only when children are educated and skilled that are they reliant enough to find a way out for themselves. Education is never wasted at that the nurturing stage where they remain the most receptive to it. As a society wanting to evolve, we can truly tap the potential and emerge happier and stronger.

Pehchaan Street School

Created by aashirya anand

Do you think more people volunteering instead of protesting can help curb social issues?

This is one such initiative to accommodate any contribution, small or big, and make sure they reach where it is required. A contribution is never too small to be made. Working with the team has been inspiring. The motive of reaching out continuously and contributing in whichever way has a freeing and engaging effect on the person.

Children across ages come together to learn what should have been always given to them. Unaffected by the worry of where this will lead to or if it even counts, their eagerness barely shifts a bit. For in most cases, their parents are not willing to spend much or sometimes any thought on education, let alone provide them with essential books or stationery. However, deep inside, even are they convinced that the only thing that can ever change the face of the current situation is education.

And the world has plenty to accommodate the basic requirements of everyone, education included. Being here and being gracefully is the least we can contribute. A little push and slackening is all that is required.

After all, what but at the end of the day we are walking each other home.

Visit the school website to learn more.

More from aashirya anand

By Shivam