COVID-19: Crowdsourced List Of Resources

With more than 2 lakh new cases in a day, the second way of the COVID-19 pandemic has been devastating, to say the least. Click here to track confirmed COVID-19 cases in India.

The second wave and the destruction it is wreaking has only highlighted how our healthcare system and responsiveness is in shambles. With people having to fend for themselves and their loved ones through appeals over social media, netizens have risen to the occasion, with many lists of resources (from the information of hospitals, mental health counselling, lists of doctors conducting online consults) and general help being circulated widely.

We’ve curated a list (by no means exhaustive) that will be updated as frequently as possible, for relief measures, counselling, and more.

Firstly, this app generates links to Twitter searches, to help find resources for COVID in your city of choice: https://hdg6p.csb.app

Healthcare And Resources

This comprehensive list by Uncut also has state-wise lists of resources (Hospital beds, medicine, oxygen cylinders, ambulance service, meal services, and more).

This thread by Indian Civil Liberties Union on resources in Delhi:

A more comprehensive list by the good folks at ICLU:

For helpline numbers of different covid facilities in different states:

For more verified information, here is another curated list of helpline numbers and more:

If you would like to pitch in volunteer during such a distressing time, COVID Citizen Action Group, as part of the Medical Support Group, is looking for volunteers to crowdsource information requested by COVID patients and follow up critical cases:

This list has been verified as well and contains information on: Oxygen (Refill, Request, Available), Remdesivir (supplies, contact, available, distributer), Plasma (donate, donor, request, available), Bed, Hospitals, home care, Helpline no. / Contact/ Hospitals, Actemera (Tocilizumab), Online consultation /Doctors, Ambulance services, Meals, Food, Home delivery, RT PCR tests, all across India: Head here.

If you would like to contribute to this list or if you have any information on any of the numbers or resources above, or if you would just like to reach out to us, please do write to submit@youthkiawaaz.com or info@youthkiawaaz.com

If you or a loved one do test positive, here are some basic measures you can follow (and of course, consult a doctor):

For Mental Health Awareness: How To Combat Worsening Mental Health

1. Mental health and psychosocial considerations during the COVID-19 outbreak: World Health Organisation has developed a comprehensive series of messages that can be used in communications to support mental and psychosocial well-being in different target groups during the outbreak. Target groups include frontline workers, managers in health facilities, older adults and people with underlying health conditions, people in isolation, and the general population. It can be found here.
  2. When COVID-19 meets Pandemic Hope: Existential care of and in the Impossible: This article talks about how when stress and anxiety engulf your loved ones, offering hope which means “don’t worry, we’re in this together” is a better approach than “look at the bright side of life”. The article sheds light on other pertinent mental health issues. It can be found here.
  3. Coronavirus and Mental Health: Supporting Someone During Covid-19: This article stresses the importance to reach out and check in on your loved ones during this pandemic. It can be found here.
  4. How teenagers can protect their mental health during coronavirus (COVID-19): This piece enlists strategies for teenagers who are facing a new (temporary) normal. It can be found here.
  5. Being Mindful of Your Mental Health During the COVID-19 Outbreak: In this article, the National Association of School Psychologists offers tips on how to talk to kids about the pandemic. It can be found here. More such articles on the importance of staying connected, showing compassion and following a ‘calm’ approach can be found here and here.

For Mental Health Awareness: Resources

In the wake of Covid-19, there are a lot of organisations and collectives that are offering mental health services virtually to deal with stress, anxiety and other mental health issues you might be facing.

Suicide Prevention India Foundation maintains a list of helpline numbers one can speak to in confidence: http://www.spif.in/seek-help/

icall, a counselling service run by TISS, has maintained a crowdsourced list of therapists across the country: https://bit.ly/3lT1Npd

If you want to know of any mental health professionals who are volunteering and providing mental health services, iCall is compiling a list. Please fill in the details here.

For Domestic Violence And Abuse: Resources

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Nazariya: QFRG (@nazariya.qfrg)

Stay safe, mask up, and stay home if possible.

By PRIA (Participatory Research in Asia) India

By Sohel Ahmed Khan

By Amartya Sarkar