This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Shareerspeak. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

(Opinion) 4 Reasons Why Savita Bhabhi Is A Pornographic Icon Of Modern Times

More from Shareerspeak

By Olipriya Roy

‘Savita bhabhi’, is a two-word name we have heard over a couple of times by now. We have seen our friends calling hot elder women ‘Savita bhabhi’. We have seen our friends tease each other by calling each other this name. We have seen pornographic films with racy titles with the inclusion of this name.

So, Who Is Savita Bhabhi? 

Savita Bhabhi is an animated pornographic character, a Gujrati housewife and a woman of colour. Savita Bhabhi is stuck in a loveless marriage with her husband Ashok.  

Savita Bhabhi Stories and Comics was started by Puneet Agarwal (Deshmukh) in 2008 and was a massive hit in the Indian audience. The comic had lit 15 million viewers per month and then was later on banned in 2009 since pornography is and was always illegal in India. 

The ban led to a massive debate between media houses, individuals and even dissent were raised on censorships. Coloured PDFs were passed about and of course spin-off the same comics were made and disturbed.  

The fans of the comic were diligent, adamant and were fighting to get their beloved flirtatious and promiscuous bhabhi back into their lives and had succeeded. Though the founder has left the comics because of familial pressure and societal discouragement, Kurti still publishes these infamous comic strips. 

The new website for our favourite pornographic bhabhi is hotter, bolder and of course more than ever.    

I think that Savita Bhabhi is a cool and happening bhabhi not only because of her explicit adventures but also because of her being someone who seeks her pleasure in a society that sees pleasure as a man’s right.

Savita Bhabhi Is A Sexually Liberated Wife

Unlike all the wives from the Ekta Kapoor serials, according to me, Savita Bhabhi owns up to her pleasure. She is fearless. She demands sexual pleasure. She is sexually liberated and whenever she thinks she wants pleasure, she goes out and gets it. 

We learn to see ‘Bhabhis’ and elder women in a way that is more than their maternal status because of her. We see ‘Bhabhis’ in a very different light which is very diverse from their ‘Sanskari, Sundar, Sushil’ stereotype. 

Savita Bhabhi with her desi aesthetics is everything we might expect from a ‘Bhabhi’ but is also breaking all the socially set stereotypes for all the  Bhabhis out there. 

Savita Bhabhi Doesn’t Discriminate Between Her Partners

From my understanding, Savita Bhabhi unlike all the other Bhabhis we see in our society isn’t a casteist woman. She enjoys pleasure with all types of individuals belonging from all sorts of castes and classes(Orthodox individuals please take notes). She is a rather diverse of character and is seen getting and giving pleasure from people of all castes and sort of classes. We have seen her experience pleasure with almost everyone starting from the bra salesman to a priest and even with a government officer. She is not only a sexually liberated person but also a person who looks above set social stereotypes and institutions. 

Savita Bhabhi Explores Her Sexuality And Sexual Preferences

We can see her exploring her options and choices. We see her unapologetically going for what she wants in bed. She is fearless in the streets and the sheets. She dominates whom she wants and even submits when she wants to. Savita bhabhi indulges with more than one partners as well quite occasionally. She has experiences with other women, both younger and older and even Bhabhis like her.

She gives all of us a new outlook on sexuality all together because of her adventures. For her, it’s only about pleasure. It’s not about the usual commitment or a relationship, her adventures are just for her sexual gratification and her sexual gratification only. 

Savita Bhabhi Gives Us A Feminist Approach To Pornography

I think that Savita bhabhi might be controversial but it is a feminist approach to pornography. Savita Bhabhi represents women’s sexuality. She represents women who are younger, older, married, unmarried. She breaks the idea of Indian women shying away for sexuality. 

There is a little bit of Savita Bhabhi in all of us” –Richa Kaul Padte, the author of Cyber Sexy

Savita Bhabhi is an icon of breaking shackles and chains and asking for more female pornographic screen representation. She has been promoted on numerous platforms by Anonymous activists and is a character not only loved by men but also the women of this country. She is a sensational sensual icon. She has inspired several other Indian pornographic comic scripts that made all of its watchers relearn stereotypes about women and their sexuality.

More from Shareerspeak

By Sahil Razvii

By Anshu Narwal

By Jai Prakash