This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Krishna Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Here Is Everything That The Government Did Wrong In Managing The Covid Situation

More from Krishna Singh

Trigger Warning: Mention of Covid trauma, Death

In my opinion, the number of deaths and actual infected people is definitely 10 times more than the reported numbers. It is evident from the number of dead bodies at cemeteries.

The scene is beyond imagination, extremely ghastly and wonder even if an enemy army could have done such devastation that ‘own’ government did to its citizens, in pursuance of profit and serving its capitalist masters. Hitler must be congratulating his counterparts in India, who are achieving what Hitler achieved but without using gas chambers.

Representative image only.

They exported oxygen, essential medicines and vaccinations. The public healthcare system is completely demolished and today oxygen and other medicines are being hoarded and sold in black, so is with other essential products, where the government itself is part of it, see the monopolistic pricing done by it.

On the other hand, we have election rallies, Kumbh Mela, and the most stupid and unscientific statements by the RW leaders and media, which includes hate-mongering, jingoism, rhetoric, religiosity, casteism, national chauvinism, ignorance and superstition. The propaganda machinery of the state is at a full run to dumb the people’s resistance, no, even ‘make’ them support the fascist regime.

The people’s resistance, on the other hand, does exist on a very large scale, like on the farmers’ front), but disunited and on a non-revolutionary path. Even the demand for resignation of the BJP government is not being raised by the opposition.

Where is the bottom line? What is our task? At least, we must not promote class reconciliation, ideologically or in practice! For example ‘election to election,’ politics promotes class reconciliation and blunts class struggle. The reason is simple, even in the present pandemic and economic recession, the class enemy is not slowing down its aim of accumulation, which in fact has accelerated, through constitutional means (liquidation of Labor Laws, 3 Farm Bills, Environmental Laws), monopoly pricing, direct plunder, surplusing a large number of workers (throwing them out of active Army of Labors to the Reserve Army of Labors, like in the category of lumpenproletariat and paupers), that is, they are no longer the part of production and distribution system, run for & by the capitalist class, and its state.

Representational image only.

I believe the time is critical for us, the precariat & the proletariat, the workers in the unorganized sector (More than 90% of the total workforce in India), the advanced section of the working class (in organized sectors, which are being privatized at a very fast rate), the intellectuals who are with us and all those who can see their demise due to capitalism. While we need to save ourselves from Covid-19, we need to continue our AgitProp, organizational works, education work (of the masses), pamphlets and other organs, promoting united fronts, etc.

It is not time to hide and save ourselves. Working outside today does not mean, either, to invite the deadly virus. Wear a mask, maintain a safe distance from others, use sanitisers and other cleaning materials, get vaccinated, and other measures to counter this virus.

Onward Comrades!

1. Krishna Singh

Rhetoric, jingoism, religiosity, cultism, identity politics are need of capitalism, and has brought the Indians on verge of disaster! They can’t even cry!
    (India is one of the world’s top 10 buyers of Covid vaccines. It still has nowhere near enough
    https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/28/asia/india-vaccines-supply-intl/index.html)

More from Krishna Singh

By Mariam

By Accountability Initiative

By Paribha Vashist