This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Veronica Pallan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Book Review: ‘You Can Win’ Reminds Us That Winners Don’t Do Different Things, They Do It Differently

More from Veronica Pallan

“Winners don’t do different things; they do things differently.”

You Can Win, is authored by Shiv Khera and was released in 1998. Since then, it has become an international bestseller.  This book has been translated into sixteen languages and sold more than two million copies around the world. This book has a title in Hindi Jeet Aapki. The writer is well known as a motivational speaker, educator, activist, business consultant, entrepreneur, etc.

You and I want to be a winner. This is the fact and everyone’s heartfelt desire, too. The new revised version of the book named ‘You can Win’ emphasises the very idea of winning and gives attention to what it takes to be a winner. The book provides inspiring footprints to follow and enables one to build one’s triumphant, substantial and satisfying life. The book gives the right orientation and adds ingredients for the suitable formulas needed for success in life. There are eleven chapters in this book.

You Can Win: A Step-by-Step Tool for Top Achievers: Amazon.in: Khera, Shiv: Books
Representative image only.

At the outset of the first chapter, the author gives the reader a certain amount of positive attitude and sets the reader on the right perspectives towards life. In fact, the writer aims at having a positive attitude and perspectives in life that can lead one to win and succeed in life. A positive attitude towards life can help one to conquer all the barriers on the way to success. He also suggests to the reader to achieve one’s goal in life one must embark off on an effective action plan, too.

The author asks the reader to build confidence by mastering positive thinking in life. A positive attitude towards life works like medicine. It heals and boosts one to keep moving forward in life. The further chapters focus on adopting a positive attitude towards life whatever may come on the way or whatever walks of life one belongs to. One must build self-esteem. This can help in many ways in life. This can help one to face challenges in life. The author believes personal growth is the key element for success in life. Therefore, there are few chapters in this book that reflect and give due importance to personality traits, interpersonal skills, positive thinking, habits and setting the right goals in life.

In order to make it more interesting, the writer takes the help of certain moral stories and anecdotes in his writings and explains them to the best of his expertise. The morals of stories indeed make the reader believe that nothing is impossible in life. The most important thing in life to get the right orientation and recipe to succeed in life.

The writer also emphasizes the need of being proactive in order to take control of things in life rather than being controlled by them. He boosts the reader to turn weakness into strengths, building positive perspectives towards life, giving positive strokes to oneself and others and building up positive habits and character. The writer also teaches the reader to build up mutual respect and loyal relationships with each other.

Finally, the book serves the purpose of motivating the reader to prepare a backup plan and act smartly and wisely. I would rate this book 8\10.

More from Veronica Pallan

By Nupur J

By Captain Black

By SAGE Publications India