This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Vidhi Desai. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Business vs Job: What you should Choose?

The most common question most of us struggles through in the years of getting independent is whether we should opt for a Business or take experience by doing Job in the beginning…

Well, I know it’s a tough call but we have to choose one.

1.Start-ups are the new craze among today’s youth:

Business includes risk while once you get a job you have an idea of how much you will earn from your fix salary. But the thing is today’s youth want a good amount of monetary returns in a short span of time be it from business or a job. They believe in “Risk hain to ishk hain”… Well sounds filmy but friends somewhere I feel it’s true. Until you don’t sacrifice or invest in something you won’t get something big.

Well, that doesn’t mean you should sacrifice the good opportunity you get in the form of a job. Always calculate how much risk you can handle at a particular time. Let’s say you come from a very good financially background family, the amount of risk you can take is obviously more then the person who is having limited finance. But that doesn’t mean you can’t do a business if you are not having huge finance. The only thing is you should be calculative and should choose a business which requires less investment.

2.Why Job?

You may think that I am promoting business a lot but that’s not true. A Job with a good salary, Job satisfaction and a positive atmosphere proves to be an equally good alternative. Now you may think why is it so. Well, have a look to the following points to get an idea.

•  Job provides a fixed income and can be really helpful to manage your expenses in a planned way.
  • Jobs have fixed working hours and so you can have a good amount of time for your social life as well.
  • Jobs will give you a bit less stress as compared to business which is almost high in stress.
  • The most importantly you will have a security of three basic things: ‘Roti, Kapda aur Makan’ with your fixed salary form your job.
  1. Why Business?

So unlike job business definitely is not going to provide a fixed income. Sometimes you will earn too much while sometimes you even need to invest your savings to keep your business going.The most important thing you need to earn in business is your ‘Goodwill’. The more you earn it the more you can expand your business circle. Moreover, business will give you an opportunity to show your Leadership Quality and also to help other people by employing them in your business.

Also remember no business is small. Be it a small tea corner or a Five Star Restaurant, each needs dedication, hardwork and a vision to grow.

• So now that you know the two sides of both Job & Business, how will you decide what you should do? In that case have a look on the last two deciding points.

4.Who should go for a job?

Well as we have discussed earlier, a business needs investment and risk and so you should opt for a job if:

• You get a job that pays you well and make you financially secure within a particular time period and you can use this fund to start-up a business of your dream or interest.
  • You are the only earning member of you family and you have others to look upon.
  • You don’t have any plans for business.
  • You are not interested to invest your maximum time and energy in business.
  • You can’t afford to take risk.
  • You are someone who needs some experience before starting a business on how things work.
  • You are not free to communicate with the people around.
  • You are someone who just want to earn a fixed amount and have a tension free life and you are happy with your earnings.

5.Who should go for a business?

You should definitely opt for a business if:

• You have a clear vision of what you want to achieve.
  • You have good finance or financial resources to invest in your business.
  • You have a unique strategie.
  • You have the ability to bare risk in the form of losses.
  • You are ready to work for sometime (Even some Years) without any returns.
  • You are having a good leadership quality and can work with different people with different mindsets.
  • You are good in communicating with people around you.
  • You are ready to carry out work no matter what when the need arises.

Apart from these the most important thing is your  happiness and inner-satisfaction. If you are happy in either things you choose, you will definitely be successful.

So, that was all. Hope this helps you in choosing between this two and make you successful and Happy. Wish you a great success….

More from Vidhi Desai

By prince Kumar (Anna Rai)

By Akshay Bajad

By Deepansh sharma