This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Rafia khan. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Opinion: We Don’t Need COVID Advice From The Likes Of Ramdev And Kangana

More from Rafia khan

We are trapped in the corona pandemic and facing several problems and lots of people are giving their priceless contribution, but on the other hand, some people are serving meaningless speech which we don’t need. Here we can take the example of a gentleman like health minister Harsh Vardhan who shared their advice that eating chocolates was helpful to keep Corona at bay.

If we are getting this sort of advice from the health minister, think about the common people. We need some useful and effective measures to beat the COVID-19 virus. There are some other examples of such great people like Baba Ramdev and Kangana Ranaut.

Baba Ramdev pretended to the country by explaining stunning but non-scientific and insensitive comments. He gave his advice to people about the shortage of oxygen. Not only is he making irrational claims, but he is also seen downplaying the severity of the country’s shortage in terms of hospital beds, medicines, and crematoriums.

Two cylinders are here (pointing to his lungs), the two doctors.” Commenting on insufficient cylinders, he says, “People are looking for cylinders outside while God has given you two cylinders right here inside you,” he says while referring to one’s lungs. “Use them, fool!”

Here I would like to mention that everything has its significance where we need precaution. Medicines, yoga, etc., are interlinked with the real requirement of the problems or health issues. We cannot cure ourselves by doing yoga; we need another parameter such as:

If we are not COVID positive:

1. Social distancing.
  2. Positive surrounding.
  3. Wearing a mask.
  4. Hand wash.

If we are COVID positive:

1. The right treatment at the right time.
  2. Bed.
  3. Oxygen.
  4. Medicines.

We never leave people isolated during their quarantine journey. They need moral support as well.

kangana covid insta post
Kangana on Instagram after testing COVID positive.

Kangana Ranaut posted on social media that she had tested positive for COVID-19. She revealed it in an Instagram story. Kangana shared a baseless post in which she not only announced that she had been infected with the virus but also wrote dismissively of it as a “small-time flu which got too much press”.

Miss Kangna, you have lots of amenities, so you cannot understand the basic needs of the public. They are juggling for their lives, lacking oxygen, medicines and bed. We cannot understand the agony of others without experiencing the same. Try to speak something relevant rather than trying to get some cheap publicity which you are not getting due to no release of the movie. All are part of her publicity gimmick.

She was strongly criticized in the comments for her insensitivity and for spreading misinformation. India is fighting a brutal second COVID wave with over 4,000 deaths a day, combined with a severe shortage of oxygen and other medical resources. Amid the drastic surge in COVID-19 cases across the nation, all this “assistance” we are getting is useless and has nothing to do with that. We cannot welcome these meaningless facts.

Here we need to understand what we need rather than wasting our words and being opinionated. We should be sure how and where these words create consequence in the community. We require a group of people like Sonu Sood and other celebrities to help us in the battle of the pandemic.

We must think, act and behave like functional and literate people rather than being ridiculous.

“Common sense is not a gift. It is punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone who does not have it.”

More from Rafia khan

By Nupur Pattanaik

By YLAC

By Archana Pandey