This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kashish Singh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Opinion: The COVID Deaths In India Are Nothing But A Genocide

More from Kashish Singh

funeral covid
There has been severe underreporting of COVID deaths in India.

Millions of people have died after suffering from coronavirus in India, which is an unprecedented human loss but what makes it worse is the fact that out of all the people who died because of the virus not even half of them were privileged to make a place in the official figures of the deaths reported in the country.

Not Less Than A Genocide

The reason behind these deaths isn’t just coronavirus, but it’s the lack of medical facilities which includes a shortage of oxygen, shortage of hospital beds, shortage of ventilators, and shortage of life-saving drugs, all of these factors make these deaths genocide.

Even the Allahabad High Court on the 5th of May ordered a probe into news reports circulating on social media regarding the death of covid patients due to lack of oxygen in Lucknow and Meerut districts, and further said that the death of covid-19 patients just for non-supply of oxygen to hospitals is a criminal act, “not less than a genocide“.

In the initial days of May, it was stated ” not less than a genocide” by the Allahabad High Court but now just after 15 days, we have enough to call it a genocide.

Earlier, the visuals flashed on television channels were of people standing in long queues outside the hospitals either to get their patient admitted or to collect their patient’s dead bodies. Now we see the visuals of abandoned cadavers found on river banks in rural India, these bodies aren’t even entitled to a cremation, some bodies are found floating in the rivers and some are been torn by dogs, is this the dignity one gets after death?

There are endless questions to ask from the Indian government but apparently, if you have to live peacefully you should keep your mouth shut because this government isn’t concerned with your losses. Not just this, the Modi government also put charges on the people who ask critical questions from the government on the ongoing crisis, because this questioning tarnishes the reputation of the biggest party, Bharatiya Janta Party, as well as its leader and our Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

Why Can’t We Question This Government?

His larger-than-life persona gets tainted with such valid questions of why there is no improvement in the health infrastructure of the country and that too after having the information that we could witness a second wave of the deadly virus and it could wreak havoc.

Why did the government not take proper measures? Why is there a lack of oxygen and ventilators in the country? You can’t ask these questions publically because if you do so you are labeled anti-Modi and not an informed citizen who has all rights to question in a democratic country.

And now we are on the brink of a humanitarian crisis, there is a carnage unfolding in the country and this is the only truth, at this point after a lot of global criticism received by this government suddenly we can see a massive downfall in the daily number of covid cases reported. Is all of this because the cases are really going down or are the government fudging the numbers? After all, manipulating the reality is what Modi Government does best and it’s their bread and butter.
Outlook Magazine front cover, May 24th, 2021

During the most crucial time, the government of India just abandoned the people of India and went missing as if there’s no such government in place and people have to manage everything on their own. This is why so many people have died and in rural India, the situation is even worse. In totality, the negligence of this government towards this global pandemic has resulted in genocide and they are the ones to be held culpable for it.

1. Ali Faizan

Good

More from Kashish Singh

By GUNJAN SHARMA

By Sumit

By rampraba