Written by : Ayushi Gupta
“Transportation is changing and we need to get ready for it, the auto industry will transform more in the next few years than it has in the last 50”. The automobile industry of india is coming up with new advancements , trends and innovations lately. The mention of electric vehicles, which was only used by very minimum people till few years back, is now gradually grabbing the attention of growing number of population. Even the government of india has a vision of making the country a nation of electric cars by 2030. Yes, It is true that electric vehicles are forthcoming to become a bright actuality, paving way for a positive change. There are so many companies who has already launched their models of electric vehicles in recent years. Out of the total sales in Financial year 2020, 1.52 lakh units were two-wheelers, 3,400 were cars and 600 were buses. The corresponding sale for the year 2018-19 was 1.26 for two-wheelers, 3,600 for cars and around 400 buses. These figures does not include e-rickshaws which is still a largely with the unorganized sector with a reported sale of around 90,000 units. So, by these figures, we can clearly assure that over the years, the use of electric vehicles is rising. So, let’s have a look at the models of cars that the future of EV has in store for us:
- Mahindra XUV300 Electric – this car is scheduled to be launched by First half of 2021 or may be around June 14 2021. The expected price of the car will be around Rs15 lakh. No specific technicals of the car has been given my Mahindra yet. This car will be competing with TATA Nexon in terms of battery pack and range.
- Tesla Model 3 – Tesla which recently entered in India in early 2021 will be launching it’s electric car i.e. Tesla model 3 around first half of the year or june 14 2021. The car is expected to be priced from 60 lakhs onwards. It will have a range of 423km in a single charge. This tesla model can do the 0-97kmph sprint in just 3.1 seconds with a top speed of 261kmph.
- Haima Bird Electric EV1 – this car was shown by Hema group at Auto expo 2020. This car is expected to be launched on June 30 2021 and the expected price will be around Rs 10 lakhs. EV1 will have two battery packs option :20.5kWh, which will have a range of 200 Km and 28.5kWh, with the range of 300 Km . It has an electric motor that makes up to 40PS and 105Nm and that so with the bigger battery pack.
- Hyundai Kona Electric – Hyundai has taken the wraps off the facelifted Kona Electric. We are expecting to see this car in showrooms in around second half of the year , probably around august 2021. This SUV is expected to cost 23.75 lakhs onwards. Having two battery packs of 64kWh and 39.2kWh, this SUV will have a range of around 470km and 300km respectively. The only rival to this car will be MG ZS EV.
- Mercedes-Benz EQA – Mercedes-Benz EQA is expected to be launched in India around 15 october 2021. This could be priced around Rs 60 lakhs. The car will have a range of 426km with a battery pack of 66.5Kwh. this electric SUV will have a combined charging system, connector as standard. it will have a DC fast charging which allows it to charge from 10 to 80 percent in just 30 minutes.
Apart from these models, there are lot of other electric cars that are said to be launched in 2021 . Some of them are BMW i3, Tata Altroz EV, ORA R1 , Nissan Note e Power and so on. With these car being launched in future, let’s hope for the better world and more and more people transforming to electric vehicles from cars having internal combustion engines.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.