This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by puja pal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

“I Tested Positive For COVID, And This Is What I Did To Overcome It”

More from puja pal

Hello everyone, I hope you are all healthy and safe from the Coronavirus. The past few days have been a little hectic for me and my family. My whole family has been fighting against COVID-19 for a while. However, we have all recovered from the virus, with the help of consistent efforts from our relatives.

On 21st April, my mom was having a continuous fever, which made her decide to quarantine herself. The next day, she went to the hospital for COVID-19 testing. The result was positive, which was as I had expected, since she had been showing common symptoms like fever, tiredness, and cold. She isolated herself for almost a week, taking her medication religiously, and following COVID-19 protocols as prescribed by the doctor. Unfortunately, my father got infected from my mother, and from him, me and my brother as well.

On 28th April, we called government officials for testing as our whole family was infected. The results were shocking, as my mom turned out to be COVID negative, with the remaining three of us testing positive. As a result, we quarantined and submitted ourselves under the care of my mother.

In the beginning, I experienced joint pain, fever, cold, and tiredness. As the days passed, we were showing symptoms high fever and also worsening cough. We even lost the senses of taste and smell completely. I started feeling disgusted towards food, since if one is not able to taste their food, they would not like it. However, I had to eat the food because I was taking medicines, since it is common knowledge that you have to eat food for the medicine to work in your body.I would like thank the medical industry for providing us with efficient medicines, and also the doctor consultation services over the phone which did not require us to go outside.

Kolkata: Infant, among five of family, tests positive for COVID-19 | Cities News,The Indian Express
Representational Image.

After a few days, we all started recovering. For me, while the fever and joint pain was gone completely, the sore throat was still a big issue. During your last days of covid-19, your body is still physically weak. As soon as one is recovering, their immunity starts strengthening, and they would become a stronger person.

Listed below are a few actions I undertook during my COVID-19 journey, which boosted my recovery:

• Try to drink golden milk regularly to boost your immunity.
  • You must drink ayurvedic kadha.
  • Do breathing exercises (including yoga) with an aim to maintain the oxygen levels in your body.
  • Take medicines and eat food at regular intervals.
  • Make a habit of sanitizing yourself daily and your surrounding environment as well.
  • Calm your mind through meditation.
  • Wear masks and gloves even at home.
  • You must practice steam inhalation regularly.
  • You must have at least one oxygen cylinder in case of an emergency.

I know these steps sound hectic and boring, but I assure you that they are effective once you starts ingraining these habits. I pray to God that this pandemic ends soon, and also wish for the good health of my Indian brothers and sisters. My friends, while it is okay to be positive in your good and bad times, it always helps to be negative for COVID-19. Stay safe and healthy.

More from puja pal

By PSYFIx JIGSAW

By Pawan