This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Ritwik Trivedi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

What Can Chirag Paswan Do To Rebuild The LJP?

More from Ritwik Trivedi

A firm footing by Chirag Paswan is all that can safeguard and secure the prospects of the Lok Janshakti Party. Plainly, Pashupati Nath’s efforts to break five of the six LJP MPs may not bear fruit as Chirag holds the fate and fortune of the LJP. Technically, Pashupati Nath Paras may command obedience and loyalty of LJP legislators, but politically it will be Chirag calling the shots from behind.

Chirag Paswan
Chirag Paswan.

The JDU had suffered at the hands of Chirag Paswan, scuttling the prospects of its nominees, bringing their tally down from 71 to 43. The BJP too had to burden the loss on a few seats, with Tejashwi and Tej Pratap Yadav holding their respective assembly constituencies in Vaishali.

Though Chirag partially succeeded in his ambition, he fell short of political planning and programme which could have offered him access to involve, engage and associate with voters eyeing for an alternative. Opposition RJD alliance did marginally benefit, but for the poor poll presentation by Congress taking away this race from them.

Interestingly, a Nitish Kumar government was installed with a wafer-thin majority as the electorate were careful with their preference and choice. It’s time for Chirag to take up a call on repairing and building the LJP from within, as this is not a party but an institution, restoring Ramvilas Paswan’s legacy.

All change begins from home, so it is curious to see if Reena Paswan would be willing to take up a rank and role for the better of the LJP. This has the potential to pay rewards and recognition to her efforts in reviving and resurrecting the rank and cadre of the party if it were to take place.

More from Ritwik Trivedi

By sumitrealestateblog

By Sahil Razvii

By Sanjay Lodh