This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Aryan Rajput. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why I Think Kangana Ranaut Is The Best Choice To Play Indira Gandhi On Screen

Kangana Ranaut is one who needs no introduction. She is one of the highest paid actresses in Bollywood, has won four National awards, featured six times in the Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list and is the recipient of Padma Shri, the country’s fourth highest civilian award.

But why Kangana for Indira Gandhi? The answer is what you read above. But is that sufficient? No.

If you are a lover of good cinema and have watched any of the Kangana’s movies, you must have noticed one thing, which is the way she acts. She magically transforms herself into any character. If we see her acting in Queen, we realise how natural she was. For not even a second it looked like she was acting. How beautifully she transformed herself into the character of Rani Mehra.

Coming to Tanu Weds Manu Returns, the double role she played is tagged as the best double role by any actor in the history of Bollywood. The way Datto spoke Haryanvi, the sportsmanship of the character, it was all beautiful. On the other hand was Tanu, who had a completely different personality from Datto. It was impossible to believe that both the roles were played by the same person.

In Manikarnika, Kangana was so majestic — from her costumes and her walk to her accent and dialogue delivery, it wasn’t looking as if we were watching Kangana on screen, but Rani Lakshmibai herself. The way she has acted in Manikarnika — The Queen Of Jhansi  it felt like she was the real Jhansi ki Rani.

It is difficult for an actor to act in a biopic because your portrayal depends on many things — your personality, how much your face matches with the person, dialogue delivery, your sitting standing and walking posture, and whether the audience will accept you or not as that person. But it seems like Kangana has mastered all these factors. She makes you believe that the character in reality must would have been like that only. This is the power of Kangana Ranaut.

When the trailer of Thalaivi was launched, even her so-called haters or dislikers couldn’t stop themselves from praising her. The movie presents an inspiring story of late actor and politician J Jayalalithaa. Several people called the trailer “amazing” and “mind-blowing”. The three-minute trailer of Thalaivi looked grand and impressive, and the powerful music with bold dialogues of Kangana got us goosebumps. And now, Ranaut is all set to play Indira Gandhi. We can assume what magic she is going to create on screen yet again.

Personally, I believe it would be easier for Kangana to play Indira. Why?

If you watch Indira Gandhi’s and Kangana’s interviews carefully, you would notice that there are a lot of similarities in the way they both speak, sit and smile. Even if you see Kangana in a saree, you will clearly be able to see Indira Gandhi’s  reflection in her.

The most talented and versatile actress is again going to raise the bar and if you know that it is Kangana’s movie, then it is for sure that you will see only Madam Indira on screen, not Kangana.

Kangana Ranaut is all set to start the shoot for this biopic, called Emergency, wherein she will essay the role of former Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. The project will be penned by Ritesh Shah, and guess who is the director? It’s one and only Kangana Ranaut.

Yes, after directing Manikarnika, Kangana is all set to direct once again. Talking about Emergency, Kangana wrote, “Pleased to wear the director’s hat again, after working on Emergency for more than a year, I finally figured no one can direct it better than me. Collaborating with fabulous writer Ritesh Shah, even if it means sacrificing on various acting assignments I am determined to do it, my excitement is high. This is going to be a tremendous journey, my leap to another league #Emergency #Indira.”

Meanwhile, Kangana is also gearing up for the release of her other film Thalaivi, which revolves around the life of late politician J Jayalalithaa.

More from Aryan Rajput

By Ehsan Mohammadi

By Afzal Anis

By Ehsan Mohammadi