This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mohammad Sher Ali. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

From Development To Controversies, All That Happened Under The Yogi Govt

More from Mohammad Sher Ali

It is true that many people are not happy with Yogi Adityanath and his governance because people thought he would bring major change in Uttar Pradesh (UP). But instead of creating jobs, all Yogi is busy changing is names of cities.

What Went Wrong With Yogi’s Chief Ministership In UP

CM Yogi Adityanath is known for his strict image. He is originally from Pauri Garhwal in now Uttarakhand and his real name is Ajay Singh Bisht. He is also the founder of Hindu Yuva Vahani. Adityanath first became MP at the age of 26. Known as a Hindu leader with a fanatic image, he has given many burning statements in past that have created controversies.

Personally, I don’t know whether he has any negative points, but let’s see some of his controversial statements that became hot topics for the media.

muslim corona

On Targeting Muslims

His Controversial Statement

“There have been 450 riots cases in West UP in two-and-a-half years of Samajwadi Party rule because the population of a particular community is rising manifold. Why are there no riots in Eastern UP? You can easily understand. In places where there are 10-20% minority population, stray communal incidents take place. Where there are 20-35% of them, serious communal riots take place and where they are more than 35%, there is no place for non-Muslims,” said Yogi.

On Yoga

His Controversial Statement

“Lord Shankar was the biggest Yogi who started Yoga. Mahadev lives in every particle of this country. So those who want to avoid Yoga and Lord Shankar can leave Hindustan,” he said.

On Secularism

His Controversial Statement

“You (other parties) claim you are secular but the agenda you implement is communal…there are 12 lakh Hindu saints in the country but you talk about giving salaries to imams. Is this secularism?,” Yogi said.

On Banning Non-Muslims

His Controversial Statement

“Just as a temple cannot come up in Mecca-Medina or Vatican City, Ayodhya cannot have a mosque,” said Yogi.

On Mother Teresa

His Controversial Statement

“Mother Teresa was part of a conspiracy to convert Hindus to Christianity. Hindus were targeted in the name of doing service and then converted by her,” he said.

On Hindu Rashtra

His Controversial Statement

“When I speak, thousands listen. When I ask them to rise and protect our Hindu culture, they obey. If I ask for blood, they will give me blood…I will not stop till I turn UP and India into a Hindu rashtra,” he said.

On Shah Rukh Khan

His Controversial Statement

“Shah Rukh Khan should remember that if people would boycott his films, he would also have to wander in the streets like a normal Muslim… These people are speaking in the language of terrorists. I think there is no difference between the language of Shah Rukh Khan and Hafiz Saeed,” he said.

On Love Jihad

His Controversial Statement

“We will not tolerate harassment of Hindus in the state at any cost…If anybody tries to touch Hindus in eastern UP, he will have to face the consequences,” said Yogi.

Has UP Improved Under Yogi As CM?

This answer is based in Fatehpur, UP. If you have seen the list of underdeveloped districts in UP, Fatehpur is one of them.

Electricity

When I was young, I would never see electricity in evenings. It used to come between 12 am to 5 am or 12 pm to 5 pm. And the voltage used was very low, so other than fan and bulb, nothing worked ever. But after 2017, under the Yogi government, electricity is available for 18-20 hours daily, specially in evenings. Almost every home in my village uses a refrigerator and coolar now. If you see the stats, electricity connection has been doubled over the past two years.

Education

The UP government has implemented the biometric attendance system in schools for teachers. So now, every teacher is coming to school. And now, schools have decided to implement biometric attendance for students also. So it will reduce incorrect data of the number of students and teachers, and how often they come to school. The Yogi government has decided to build a medical college in our district.

Yogi on love jihad: “We will not tolerate harassment of Hindus in the state at any cost…If anybody tries to touch Hindus in eastern UP, he will have to face the consequences.”

One more thing I have specially felt in UP is the nakal mafia. I remember my younger sister crying one day because her batchmates were making fun of her. What you are studying? They were used to make fun of her by saying that they get 60% marks without even studying anything, while she only gets 70% despite studying whole year. But once the government changed, al these kids failed their exam. The UP government has successfully stopped the nakal mafia in the state.

Riots

If you see reports, other than the anti CAA-NRC protests or riots, UP is a riot-free state now. After the Yogi government came into power, I don’t hear any news of riots. Earlier, I used to hear about a riot breaking almost once in a week.

Sanitation

Before 2017, if you were travelling to any village in the state, you would have seen how dirty the village roads were. During rainy season, it was difficult to even walk on the road. Now, roads are clean and you can easily walk on the sides of roads.

Infrastructure

The Yogi government has started connecting our district with nearby cities (Kanpur, Lucknow and Allahabad) via railway.

There is also a sugar mill being built in out district.

Sorry for my bad English. I have done my schooling from a village, that’s why I am still new to English. I wanted the Yogi government to provide Ganga water for agricultural purpose, since right now, we only have ground water.

More from Mohammad Sher Ali

By Sohel Ahmed Khan

By Krishna Singh