This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mrunal Sandbhor. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

‘You Are A Badass’ Teaches Us How We Must Stop Doubting Ourselves And Start Living Instead

More from Mrunal Sandbhor

The book You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life is all about self-development and embracing your own self. The author of this book, Jen Sincero, talks about people she knows or things she’s encountered that serve to prove her point. This book is broken down into five parts:

1. How you got this way
2. How to embrace your inner badass
3. How to tap into the motherlode
4. How to get over your BS already
5. How to kick some ass

The each chapter starts with a quote to help you put the information into action in your own life. The first chapter starts with the quote, “You are a victim of the rules you live by.” The book ask us to be open-minded and find the truth about ourselves.

The book lets us know that our subconscious mind (the feelings in our head) tend to run the show based off of beliefs we develop as kids. And our conscious minds (the analytical thoughts in our head) are then controlled by the subconscious. What does all this mean? We are often driven by our subconscious, and we don’t even know it. Meaning that we do and think can actually be bringing us down.

The book goes on to say that we’re all part of a connected Universe, and we’re all just energy, moving along in the Universe. And as we’re all just vibrating along, we need to know that like attracts like. So you should raise your vibration to tap into the vibration that you desire.

Sincero also encourages us to be present and connected to the Source Energy of the Universe. We spend so much time worrying about little things, that we often miss the greatness of life’s moments. Most important thing to do in your life is to love yourself and giving yourself affirmations. She suggests giving up self deprecating humour and forgiving yourself for past mistakes. She moves on to tell us to stop caring so much about what people think and also not letting ourselves get our self worth from others either.

Sincero wants us to know that everyone has a unique gift that they can give to the world, and we have to figure out what that is, and do it. And to find out, just start doing things. Because “most answers reveal themselves through doing, not thinking.” She also wants us to meditate in order to be more present and learn to hear our own inner voices. And speaking of our inner voices, our thoughts are what make our realities, so we have to change our thinking first. The way we think about something the way things are going to happen so we must have to be positive and optimistic in any situation.

I loved her tip about having a mindset in which you say, “This is good, because …” with basically everything that happens in life, so you’re forced to look at lame happenings as a potential for growth. And when it comes to taking action, Sincero wants us to know that done is better than perfect, and in order to complete something big. Most of us, we procrastinate things and even we try to do things on our own. Instead, she recommends, do something you are really good at and pass the other part to someone else who can do it in a better way.

Sincero encourages us to be decisive instead of spending so much time in indecision. She says that the most common trait among successful people is that they make decisions quickly, because indecision is torture. But you don’t have to always be right, because failure is okay, true failure is when you quit it . And when it comes to decisions, go big. Because if you up-level what you desire, it will become available to you.

Sincero finishes up the book by talking about money and how it’s totally okay to go after it. She recommends creating a detailed plan on how much money you want and then manifesting it, always knowing that the more money you have, the more money you can give back, too.

More from Mrunal Sandbhor

By Subhajit Murmu

By Md Sohel

By Sahil Razvii