This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by ashmita badoni. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Opinion: Is BBA Becoming The Trendy Course For Young Students?

More from ashmita badoni

Again it’s the time of year when the search history turns into which course is better, which University should I opt for, and a billion other questions.

While a variety of new courses are launched every year, some courses have suddenly turned into demand in a few years. BBA or Bachelors in Business Administration is one of the courses that has turned the tables in the past decade. While earlier Bcom, BA, B.Sc was the go-to courses, BBA is now becoming the trendiest one.

Representational Image. More students have started looking towards a BBA for their higher education.

Is BBA Becoming The Course Of The Moment?

Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA) is a (Six semester) 3-year undergrad program that shapes not only knowledge but also the personality of the individual. Below are the reasons why it has gained popularity in the past few years:

• While Bcom has been a traditional degree for ages, BBA has provided a much-required change.
  • It not only focuses on academic knowledge but holistic development.
  • Regardless of what your background in 12th was, as is the criteria for most of the courses in the country, anyone can pursue this course.
  • Besides the understanding of fundamentals of business and management, it also offers specialization at the end of the course.
    The gap between the industry and academics has always been a major issue. It acquires students with the required skills so that they are best in the business.
  • You can opt for specialization in the final year in any subject ranging from travel and tourism to finance.
  • In a country where the average age is 29 years, youngsters want to be job-creators instead of seekers. BBA provides a foundation that makes one not only technologically but also mentally skilled.

Business management, Business statistics, Career Planning, and Development. Indian Constitution, HRM, Accounting principles, Financial management, Management, and Cost accounting are among the subjects that are covered in a typical BBA course besides other subjects.

Educators Opinion On The Course

Educators have found it more effective than any other course in the past few years. Tarun Anand, Founder, and Chairman, Universal School Business state that in the coming times’ undergraduate management education will become a basic requirement. Anyone who wants to manage an NGO, government, or even just the home requires the use of resources optimally and effectively.

IIMs are also now offering BBA+MBA programs, intending to build a stronger foundation for the future. Himanshu Rai (IIM Indore Director) also stated in one of his interviews that students at the undergrad level need a holistic foundation that prepares them with a blend of arts and science, philosophy and technology, life skills, and analytical skills.

Options After BBA

BBA not only opens you a window to higher education but also a door to a job.

• MBA (Masters In Business Administration) is one of the highest regarded courses all over.
    • Preparation of PCS/UPSC or CA
    • Entrepreneur
    • Data Scientist
    • Event Manager
    • Human Resources Management
    • Advertising and PR
    • Finance
    • Education

The course gives you an ample opportunity to develop personality and communication skills and makes you industry-ready. If good research on college’s ranking, specialization it is offering and other things are done the course is beneficial in long-run.

More from ashmita badoni

By Mahima Choubey

By Chinki Garg