This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Shashk Tiwari. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

From 10 August, Indians Will Be Allowed To Go For Umrah

More from Shashk Tiwari

Saudi Arabia has announced that Umrah pilgrimages would be allowed to begin on 10 August. The first Muharram, which is the first month of the Islamic calendar, allows people from all over the globe to now make the pilgrimage to Mecca.

On 10 August, a new year is beginning that is known as Muharram in the Islamic calendar. The Saudi Arabian authorities said last year that international pilgrims could no longer undertake the Umrah pilgrimage due to the spread of the Coronavirus. Umrah pilgrims were also prohibited from travelling for other pilgrimages as well.

Representative Image.

The Umrah Yatra (pilgrimage to Mecca) was officially reopened for foreign pilgrims starting 10 August, 2021, which is 17 months after the last Umrah Yatra was closed. Thus far, only Saudi and non-Saudi nationals could make use of the facilities to do the Umrah. Certain requirements apply to those who plan to go on Umrah to Saudi.

Beginning this year, individuals who are going to the Islamic pilgrimage of Umrah in Saudi Arabia will be required to have both of the vaccination doses that are permitted in the country. Coveshield, Pfizer and Modena have all been given official government permission to enter Saudi Arabia.

Vaccinations must be given 14 days apart for travel to be permitted. Only individuals above the age of 18 are permitted to make the pilgrimage during Umra Yatra. For now, children aren’t permitted to take part in the Umrah Yatra.

Umrah travel is currently available to those nations from which there are direct flights to Saudi Arabia. The following nations from across the world will not be allowed to bypass Saudi Arabia: India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Egypt, Turkey, Argentina, Brazil, South Africa and nine more.

Due to all these nations being in the red zone of Corona, direct travel has not been permitted. People in Lebanon and third countries will be quarantined for 14 days. Indian travellers leaving India would be confined in Dubai for 14 days.

Only via an Umrah agency that has been authorised by the Saudi Hajj and Umrah Ministry will people be permitted to participate in Umrah.

Looking to go to Umrah? There are over 6,000 agencies and 30 internet platforms around the world that will be able to arrange your trip. On 1 Muharram 1443, i.e. 10 August, 2021, agencies will be allowed to issue visas for Umrah. This authorisation will be valid until 15 Shaban 1443 Hijri, i.e. 18 March, 2022, the conclusion of the Islamic month of Shaban.

The performance of Umrah may be done at any time in Saudi Arabia. Like the Hajj, Umrah doesn’t have a time limit. To conduct Umrah for the first time, first-time Umrah visitors from outside need a special Umrah visa. This visa has a limited duration of approximately one month.

Non-Muslims in Saudi Arabia may undertake the pilgrimage of Umrah without having to acquire any particular papers or visas.

Featured Image via maxpixel

More from Shashk Tiwari

By Godhuli Barat