This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Nishtha Kawrani. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

The Intern Teaches Us A Lot Of Things We Might Have Forgotten

More from Nishtha Kawrani

Life is all about learning. You are only old when you stop learning! A heart touching, sweet and thoughtful tale of a 70-year-old intern, whose enthusiasm and the idea to never give up becomes the soul of the movie. The Intern, a comic drama full of emotions and positivity is family watch and if you watch it with your old buddies, it would be even more fun.

The 2015, Nancy Meyers Film presents a beautiful series of ideas that both the young and old generations need to understand. The film is a complete package of inspiration, entertainment and a light dose of life lessons.

Both the leading characters, Ben Whittaker played by Robert de Niro and Jules Ostin (Anne Hathaway) have done justice to their roles and have won the hearts of their viewers through their exceptional performances and portrayal of real emotion into the story.

The movie had won a lot awards during the past years like the Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards 2016, Jupiter Award 2016, Max Movie Awards, South Korea 2016 and teen Choice Awards 2016.

Still from the movie, The Intern (2015)

The story begins with the desire of a 70-year-old widower, who is bored with his retired life and in search for finding something that will keep him occupied. Ben Whittaker, the old man comes across an advertisement of a senior internship program at an online fashion retail company (About the Fit). The company headed by Jules Ostin who is young, demanding and workaholic woman, offers Ben the internship opportunity.

Despite not understanding the need of a senior intern, Jules affirms to have Ben as her personal intern. The makers have tried their best to portray the ideas and workings of both the young and old generation while the movie sets an exceptional example of how a young mother can be a successful entrepreneur.

At the same time, it tells us that how experience and wisdom always play a significant role in any working environment. The movie revolves around the bonding of these two lead actors and how a calm and composed soul, Ben can take care and provide assistance to a restless young entrepreneur.

The story moves forward with a lot of twists and turns some comical while the others brimmed with intense emotions. The most amazing part of the whole plot is the old buddy smile which maintains the positive vibe of the movie throughout.

The scripting reflects the difference of what was the old classic and how it has become the millennial rush. The idea of relaxing, eating healthy and spending time with our family has somewhere lost its track in our race to become the best.

The casting could not have been better because each and every character has added emotion, sarcasm and fun to each and every second of the movie duration. There is not even a second where you feel that your attention is being diverted, as the screen play, direction and dialogues keep it all intact.

The movie at every moment tries to provide the audience with a life lesson, we are stressing for almost everything and anything that happens in our life. Ignoring the fact that no matter what if we stay at peace for even a few minutes, we will always have a solution to solve that problem.

The experience, knowledge and wisdom of our older generations is something we should always respect. Their hands might tremble a little sometimes, they may hear less and walk slow but all they have for their kids is love.

In the midst of career and future we should never leave behind the ones who brought us here. The idea to always learn and explore new thing is what makes you young from your heart and soul. Ben Whittaker taught us to always learn and seek help when you are stuck. There should be no shame in asking for help. While Robert has gracefully brought out his character, so has Anne.

She gives every girl/woman a hope that you need to trust yourself and be confident in what you are doing. Do not pull back yourself from something so temporary. As women we all have the capability to balance it all but we should not murder our dreams for something the society doesn’t approve of.

The movie touched every core of my heart, it reminded me of my grandpa and how he had the same zeal to keep on working and stay fit. The Intern, is an extraordinary pack of 2-hour comic drama, which teaches a lot of things we already know but might have forgotten. If you still have not watched it, do watch the oldest intern yet the youngest heart, super soon!

Featured image credit: Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway in “The Intern.”(Francois Duhamel / Warner Bros.) / representational purposes only.
  1. Erica Parihar

Bhai ..gajab 🙋‍♀️💛💛

More from Nishtha Kawrani

By Anusha S

By Charkha Features

By Olipriya