This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by SHANKU SHARMA. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Sweta Roy, beauty with brains

More from SHANKU SHARMA

Beauty with brains is a rarity these days. Karimganj’s Sweta Roy, who works in Silchar and loves Silchar to the core, is one such talented individual who possesses a beautiful face.

Sweta Roy, a single parent woman, has been raised by her mother, Papri Roy. “She is the person who always sacrifices her everything for me,” says Sweta Roy. Currently working as a teacher at Pranabananda Holy Child High School, Silchar, Sweta divides her time equally between her profession and her passion (acting, reciting, dancing and writing).

“I love to do things which excite and inspire me. I do not want to be idle. Dancing and recitation are some of my favourite pastime activities,” says Sweta Roy. It is true. No one can ever find her sitting idle. When not working, she can be seen helping a person, paying social visits and, above all, going live on Facebook. Her Facebook live sessions are also a part of her activities, which are both enlightening and entertaining.

Sweta shot into the limelight by taking part (acting) in several plays or dramas. “The year was 2015. But, to be more precise, I started my journey at the tender age of just two years and five months,” recalls Sweta. She believes in improving herself. She spends most of her free time surfing videos on pages and YouTube. “I want to learn new things and improve my performance,” says a determined Sweta Roy.

An excellent cook, Sweta believes in feeding people. She says, “Being a foodie, I love to share my dishes with people and I love to remain connected with my near ones.”

Sweta’s now-brilliant career started with famed theatre groups like Bahurupi and Rupam. In fact, her acting career took a turn when she first joined Bibartan Theatre Group’s workshop on theatre in Hailakandi district. This led her to Ajker Projonmo Theatre Group.

“In 2018, I first acted in a telefilm (DDK). It was a tremendous learning experience for me. Indeed, a precious moment of my life,” Sweta says. Now she is busy wrapping up Rai Manohar Production’s forthcoming thriller.

Sweta has acted in plays that include Aaj Basanto, 3010, 3 Putul Er Golpo, Mahuya and Dakghor. She is also a trained Rabindranritya, folk, Gaudiyanritya and Kathak dancer. Her Guru or mentor is Dr Madhumita Das Bhattacharjee.

Sweta Roy is a well-known face in the realm of culture and entertainment here. But growing up (teen) has been a depressing one. “However, to be overcome these negative things and depressing moments, I devoted my time and life to culture,” says the gorgeous lady.

Sweta started writing during the lockdown period (2020). “Inspired by applauds and appreciation, I opened a Facebook page ‘Aarshi’. Now, I recite poems on that page,” she adds. It was one of her recitations on that Facebook page that earned her accolades. The poem is addressed to an unknown lover who has ditched his ladylove. A pathos underlying the poem coupled with Sweta’s voice and expression make the recitation a must-watch. That heart-wrenching poem garnered over 48,000 views.

Sweta Roy’s acting skills took her to Sylhet, Bangladesh, Agartala, Belonia among other places. She has also worked in around six dramas for the radio.

“Since I love to pen down my thoughts, I had time to work for a local Bengali daily, Samayik Prasanga as a cultural columnist,” adds Sweta. She also gave a terrific voiceover (cartoon character), which helped her gain recognition.

Sweta Roy’s profile is envious. She is a content writer at Collegedunia.com, a blogger/admin at আরশি-Aarshi, an assistant teacher at Pranabananda Holy Child High School, Silchar, a theatre artist at Ajker Projonmo and Bibartan Theatre groups, a former cultural coordinator at ESHO BOLI, a former Club Director at Leo Club of Silchar Greater, a former secretary at Barak Valley Voluntary Blood Donors’ Forum, Silchar, a former coordinator and teacher at Kidzee, and a former Rajyapuraskar Guide at The Bharat Scout And Guide.

Next time you meet Sweta Roy, please ask her for a date (at least a coffee date), treat her with ice cream or chocolate, or at least gift a bouquet. She deserves it all.

More from SHANKU SHARMA

By medicbdgro

By medicbdgro

By Abhishek Karadkar