This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Soumya T. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

In Times Of Covid, These 10 Foods Will Take Extra Care Of Your Immune System

Worried about your immune system lately? Well, you are not alone. Currently, the entire world is concerned about boosting their immunity and avoiding being sick. While a healthy diet is required to keep your immune system functioning, certain foods can give a special boost to your immune system.

Here is a list of foods that can strengthen a weak immune system if consumed on a regular basis. Keep reading.

Healthy Foods to help cease cold sores forever

1. Citrus Fruits

Citrus fruits such as lemon, orange, gooseberry and grapes are solid dosages of vitamin C. Vitamin C has a large contribution to your defence system by participating in various cellular activities of both innate and adaptive immune systems. Citrus fruits are rich in fibre that keeps your cholesterol level under control and solve digestion problems. Vitamin C also works as a solution for common cold.

2. Button Mushrooms

Button mushrooms are a great source of vitamin D. They maintain your gut health and promote a healthy heart condition. Studies suggest that button mushroom consumption increases the number of anti-viral and other defensive proteins in your system. Also, they contain variations of vitamin B including riboflavin and niacin, both of which prevent cellular damage.

3. Oily Fish

Oily fishes are rich in omega 3 fatty acids, which strengthen your weak immune system. Omega 3 fatty acid promotes the development of white blood cells, regulates cell inflammation and boosts brain activity. Besides, oily fish consumption helps in controlling blood pressure and reduces heart disease.

4. Blueberries

Blueberries are more than a fancy fruit for your health. They contain a high amount of flavonoid called anthocyanin. Enriched with antioxidants, anthocyanin boosts the immune system and maintains the respiratory tract’s defence mechanism.

5. Dark Chocolate

The good news for chocolate lovers is that your favourite piece of dark chocolate has health benefits too. It actively participates in boosting your weak immune system. Dark chocolate has a large number of antioxidants called theobromine. It enhances the functions of your immune system and protects cells from free radicals.

In addition, dark chocolate contains minerals including iron, zinc and magnesium. Having dark chocolate in your regular diet will improve your immune system, reduce stress levels and decrease the risk of heart diseases. Make sure the dark chocolate you choose does not contain any milk powder.

6. Spinach

Spinach may not be on your favourite food list, but it has a lot to offer to your immune system. Spinach has vitamins A and E, carotenoids and flavonoids. It is rich in iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium and folate. Spinach helps you control your haemoglobin level, promotes cellular growth and protects your body from toxins.

7. Eggs

One of the most nutrient-rich food items is egg. Eggs are full of protein, vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients. The protein in eggs builds up your muscles and body tissues. It also prevents tissue damage. Vitamin A, B-12, and selenium are key components in boosting your immune system. Egg contains choline, which breaks down the amino acid homocysteine to reduce the risk of heart disease.

8. Green Tea

Green tea contains antioxidants and flavonoids that help your body fight against cold and flu-like health issues. Green tea increases the number of regulatory T cells in your body. T cells are extremely vital for the immune system. Hence, green tea certainly does a great job of boosting your immunity power.

9.  Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes are the richest natural source of beta-carotene that later converts into vitamin A in your body. Vitamin A is one of the most essential compounds in building a strong immune system. It also maintains your blood levels reducing the risk of a weak immune system.

10. Almonds

An excellent source of vitamin E, almonds strengthen your immune system by preventing any kind of cell damage. They contain fibre, calcium, protein and unsaturated fats. Doctors suggest that in flu-like health conditions, the consumption of almonds helps. It reduces blood pressure, promotes weight loss and regulates your cholesterol level.

Adding these 10 immunity-boosting foods to your diet is highly recommended, especially for people with a weak immune system. A balanced diet will also support your immune system and help it fight deadly viruses and bacterias. Besides foods, regular exercise and a healthy lifestyle are crucial for good health.

More from Soumya T

By Rahul Thapa

By Alexander Zingman

By MANOJ SINGH THAYAT