This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Chinki Garg. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

“Our Experiences And How We Are Treated Influence Our Behaviour”

I don’t understand why. Why is he always behaving very rudely and thinking that he is always right and everybody else is wrong? Why is he always trying to put his decision on everyone and do not want to change?

Do you ever think this about anyone? I am sure, yes. And you must not like them for this reason. But do you ever think why they are behaving like this? Maybe, no. And maybe somewhere you are also behaving bad and rude with someone. Maybe unintentionally but you are behaving the same.

There is no one good and bad here but their experience makes them behave the way they do. You always learn from your experience and always execute your learning in that particular situation, sometimes intentionally and sometimes unintentionally.

bullying school
Representative Image.

You went to college and your seniors behave very bad with you, ragging you and making fun of your weaknesses.

Now there are two learnings. One is positive, where you know that when someone is ragging you, someone makes fun of you, it feels bad and you will not do the same with your juniors.

The second is negative, where you know that it feels bad when someone is ragging you and makes fun of you but still, you do the same, maybe to take revenge for what your seniors have done with you.

But you need to understand that if you behave like this, nothing will change, everything is going as things are. This is the chain you are following and you need to break the chain to bring the change.

The three most common examples of these behavioural chains are:

1. Seniors to their juniors in college.
  2. Boss to their employees: because your boss behaves rudely with you and think that it is the right way to get things done, you will also behave rudely with your subordinates because you got such treatment from your boss.
  3. Saas to their Bahu: because her Saas was very strict at the time to her now she is also behaving the same with his Bahu. Even though she knows that times have changed she still behaves badly because of her experience and maybe she is also seeking revenge.
angry man shouting
Representative Image.

You want to take revenge from the ones who give you a bad experience, but because that person is more powerful than you, you aren’t able to do this and start taking revenge from the one who is less powerful than you. This chain goes on and on.

Now think about what sort of treatment you want to get from others and give that treatment to others because it will change you and others too.

Do not allow others’ bad behaviour to change your good behaviour because if you allow so you might be feeling good for some time, but for someone else you become a villain for a lifetime.

Break this chain and bring the change you want.

1. sandhya Gupta

Very nice Chinki.
    Keep it up😊😊😊

More from Chinki Garg

By Ronit Shakya

By SGT University