This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Amit kumar. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

How Can Companies Improve Employee Performance During Pandemic?

According to a recent study, over 50% of working individuals in India require upskilling to match the current dynamics of the industry, where more and more businesses are shifting to technologies such as HROne.

Now, we all know that adaptability, reasoning, critical thinking, agility, risk-taking and strong communication skills have always been in demand in any fresher or senior professional. This is when a big question arises, how can an employee acquire these skills? Let’s dive into the blog and explore it.

Representative Image. (by rawpixel.com from PxHere)

It is no news that the corporate world has dramatically changed lately. What was normal a decade ago doesn’t even exist now. Companies have not just re-discovered their assets but also learned to improve their employee performance even in a remote working environment.

HRs now know how to grow and innovatively enhance the business and its strategies. All these skills can help a company sustain any circumstances, be it predicted or unforeseen. This is why companies in India and across the world are giving greater emphasis to people development initiatives, upskilling and honing soft skills and life skills.

Take a look at five elements that will help companies to improve their employee productivity and engagement at this tough time:

1. Transparency, Adaptiveness and Resilience

Let’s face it, no one can ever predict life as it is full of surprises. And these surprises can either be challenges or rewards. A person’s attitude in this journey is the crucial differentiator that determines their learning, experiences and growth at the workplace.

So, when difficult times come, companies should check with their employees and know if they can meet those problems. If not, HR managers must help employees adapt to the transforming environment and stay strong no matter how challenging the time is. Being flexible and resilient to the hard knocks of life can make your people valuable employees and human beings.

2. Daily Routine

First things first, companies should encourage their employees to set a daily routine and follow it on a very disciplined basis. At the same time, HR managers should ensure every employee has a mixed bag that includes both work and fun to improve the performance management process and create a positive environment.

So, HRs should help employees realise the importance of making a daily priority list and following it. Most importantly, employers and HR managers should never forget to appreciate the smaller goals achieved by employees and help them grow along the way.

3. Team Work

people in office using computer
Representative Image.

Gone are the days when an employee had to work in a specific area. Today, we are living in a different age called multi-role-professional. At this age, how one behaves and communicates with their colleagues and peers acutely matters.

Organisations should help and encourage their employees to not just manage their emotions but also other people. HR managers should build a workforce with a positive attitude, team spirit, supportive and respect for other people.

4. Interesting Goal

When employees start seeing their goals as punishment, businesses will ultimately suffer. An efficient way to avoid such a situation is assigning employees some interesting, fun goals and put them in areas that bring out the best in them.

Meanwhile, HR managers should also keep information and communication easy and transparent. Also, HRs should not run after employees but help them navigate problems and solve them to acquire their goals.

5. Give Time

The future is all about an individual’s ability to be agile in choosing skills and relevant competencies. Without any doubt, no education can help an employee face an unprecedented event and solve it. So, companies should allow employees and give them time to process the changes.

Be it technical or life skills, employees will learn everything if given the opportunity and right guidance. Not to forget, upskilling is a way of life at workplaces now.

So, these five things can undoubtedly help a company to improve its overall employee performance.

Remember, the roles will keep changing in the coming times and we all may be in a different scenario after some years. So, the only way to stay ahead of the curve is by helping their people to improve their productivity and engagement. I hope this blog helps you.

More from Amit kumar

By sabaism sable

By Chandrakant Shukla

By SGT University