This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Emily Michael. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

How to Wake Up Early in College?

More from Emily Michael

morning

Practice makes a person perfect. Make sure you choose a good subject to wake up early in college.

If the subject isn’t interesting you will not get the motivation to get up in the early morning every day. The subject should interest you to get up early in the morning without lame excuses.

Why do you need to get up early?

You should get up early in the morning as the work is much swifter and you can revise your lessons too if required. It is not right to get up and just leave for college unprepared and empty stomach.

What are the ways you should follow to get up early in the morning?

The better time you have in a day will determine your course of the day. If you take a long time getting up then you will end up taking a lot of time wrapping up your work probably at midnight.

Staying awake till late hampers your sleep cycle as well.

There are several ways which will assure you to wake you up early without delay. But you need to force yourself to ensure this process.

Set alarms

Make sure you set an alarm before going to bed. This alarm should be a minimum of 4 hours to your college time if you are not attending a morning college.

Make sure that you put the alarm, not within your accessibility. If you keep the alarm near where you sleep, you will automatically switch it off within your sleep.

But if you keep it far off your reach then you will be bound to get up to switch it off. This will ensure your habit of rising early.

Make sleep routine

Like, we always have a study routine, we should also have a sleep routine. If you sleep at a particular time daily then it will be your habit to sleep for that period only.

You will feel sleepy at that time. Thus, you will not invest that time in doing other things that will bother your sleep cycle.

If your sleep cycle remains the same, then you will wake up fast for college.

Do have a fixed morning routine

You may or may not study in the morning, but you should surely start your day with adequate exercise after freshen up. Once you exercise, do something that interests you for a while.

This can be as simple as gazing at nature with a cup of your morning drink. This will surely soothe your beginning of the day.

Then proceed with your yummy breakfast and your day will be worth spending.

We need basic happiness to be with. So be conscious of your decisions to have a happy and healthy day.

Have a good breakfast

If you cater yourself a good breakfast after a long day then you will be happy and excited to get up early every day. This will also make you happy before attending college.

If you get yourself in the habit of anything it is difficult to get away from. So, make sure you are associated with good habits than bad ones.

Put away your devices

Devices are a big threat to the sleep cycle. If you start spending time on it, you cannot stop easily. So, don’t watch anything before your bedtime. This not only affects your eyes but your sleep-deprived brain too.

There are cases of a lot of youth in the threat of hampering sleep and a proper routine due to addiction to the devices. These devices disrupt our sleep making us weak.

Lack of sleep often leads us to different diseases both physical and mental. Adults and teenagers are often facing issues like depression, suicidal tendencies, and loneliness.

You should intake social media as much as needed not beyond that. As it will cost you severe consequences.

Avoid intoxication

When you are planning to undergo a healthy routine, you shouldn’t consume any intoxicating element which can hamper your sleep too.

To sleep well try and avoid all intoxicating items like alcohol, drugs, etc.

Good study habits

Don’t study when you feel the most inactive and sleepy. If you read, when you are tired and sleepy then you will end up hampering both your studies and sleep. To maintain a constant sleep cycle and study within the most active part of the day.

If you want to study in the early morning make sure you don’t hamper your sleep to satisfy your study. You better sleep earlier than sacrificing sleep. If you are a medical student or you are preparing for the USMLE Step 1 review course, you need to set a good study habit.

Seek motivation

Do watch contents that give you the motivation to watch content that calms you to have a peaceful sleep. You can also watch the content of the motivational speaker who can guide you to take the necessary steps to stay motivated.

If you are enough motivated then you can easily wake up in the early morning. Do make a To-do list to have a goal for the next day when you wake up.

Eating habits

Don’t eat anything unhealthy that makes you ill. Do eat something that has rich nutritional value.

If you eat something that makes you sleep easily, then nothing better than that.

Get yourself enrolled in a morning class

If you get yourself enrolled in a morning class then you will be bound to get up early in the morning. This class shouldn’t be necessary for educational purposes but for any other activities.

You can get yourself into a yoga class, swimming class, Zumba, etc. the motive is to make your morning early and enthusiastic before your college.

Other points

When you get up in the morning it is important to consume the necessary sunlight to have a balanced system in your body. Stay hydrated to avoid numerous diseases.

Do write a journal before you proceed to sleep or get up in the morning. This practice helps us in decluttering our emotions to feel light.

If we are burdened with emotion then we cannot sleep peacefully. The sleep cycle will be disturbing.

If you feel you are having sleeping issues for which you are unable to get up in the morning, then consult a specialist to address the problem. A specialist can guide you to take the necessary steps to cease the issue.

There are few quick tips to wake up early in the college

• Avoid caffeinated drinks.
  • Don’t be too lazy while getting into bed.
  • Don’t study late make a study pattern that doesn’t disrupt your sleep.
  • Don’t consume unhealthy food that can hamper your bowel movements.
  • Have a walk before a meal can help you fall tired.
  • Absorb some sunlight.
  • Practice sleep stimulating exercises.
  • Make your bed after getting up, it does help in making you active instantly.
  • Do take a bath after getting up, it makes you fresh.
  • Listen to music after you get up.
  • Don’t disrupt your sleep cycle on weekends.
  • Don’t push yourself to do anything daily. It will bore you from not doing it. So, practice what excites you, not what you are bound to do.

Conclusion

When we wake up early, we get a good amount of time to execute our daily activities. This also provides us a much longer day than others.

Thus, it is highly important to wake up early in college. A good start to the day ensures its positive ending.

More from Emily Michael

By Saranya Bhattacharjya

By Swadheen Islam Robi

By veda wms