This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Mark Twain. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Countries That Offer Free And Affordable Education To International Students

More from Mark Twain

Every student at least once in his life has dreamed of studying abroad. But whenever we talk about studying abroad, a lot of questions arise. Among them, the most common is the expenses because studying overseas is not a piece of cake. It costs a lot of money and may sometimes utilize all your life savings. 

As an alternative, students consider applying for high school senior (HS) scholarships to fund their higher studies or go for study loan schemes. You do not only have to live far away from your family but spend thousands of dollars to earn your degree. Due to these complications, many students sit back and do not even dare to apply to overseas universities. 

But as we say, if you are willing to achieve something, no one can stop you from doing so. All you have to do is be is a little passionate and enthusiastic about your goals. 

There was a time when studying abroad was only a dream for underprivileged students, but not anymore. Dozens of countries offer free education to international students, for instance, Germany, Norway, Australia, and other EU countries.

It is a common perception that people mostly think about the U.K. or the U.S. for studying abroad. However, this is not the situation. Approximately 144 EU countries give free education to overseas students.

So, if you are passionate and strong-minded to move abroad for higher education but are worried about the tuition fees, give this article a read. Here we will share the list of those countries charging very low or almost giving free education to the students. 

1. Germany

Representative Image.

The very first country that comes to mind while discussing free education is Germany. It will be surprising to know that Public universities here do not charge a single penny from international and even European students. Meanwhile, they give free scholarships that cover all the expenditures including, stipends, accommodations, etc. 

So, keep Germany at the top of your list if you have a plan to move abroad for education.

2. Norway

It is a place that has a unique rule. They do not charge anything from international students. So, with no further delay, start applying to the universities of Norway to get scholarships and fulfil your dream. Another appealing factor is that they do not need IELTS and TOEFL to give scholarships to their international students.

3. Sweden

On number three, we have Sweden. It is famous for giving free education in public universities for Bachelor’s and Master’s programs. However, they charge a bit from non-EU countries for some degree programs. On the other hand, the PhD programs are free for all students. So, this place is also a great choice if you are interested in doing a master’s or your bachelor’s degree.

4. Belgium

Representative Image.

Here education is not completely free, but they charge less from students. Here the fee ranges from $400–$2,000 per year. So, one can afford that amount.

5. Finland

It is one of the most beautiful and safest places in the world. However, for EU citizens, education is free for all degrees. Well, the list does not end here, but it is one of the best choices, especially for EU students.

Conclusion

The above is the list of countries helping students achieve their dreams by charging very low to no tuition fees. But keep in mind many countries are serving overseas students at affordable charges.

More from Mark Twain

By Jaisal Kaur

By Ishita Goel

By Poornima