This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Alexander Zingman. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Mood Upliftment, Self-Awareness: Here Are Some Surprising Benefits Of Yoga

There are many physical benefits of yoga by practising yoga on a regular basis, for example, increased flexibility and core strength. However, while the non-physical benefits are less documented, they are still significant benefits. Some of the non-physical benefits of regular yoga practice are outlined below.

1. Improving Mood And Satisfaction

When practising yoga, it is advisable to use deep breathing and meditation techniques to adjust your breathing. This can slow down your breathing. You will feel much more relaxed. However, research is also being conducted that stimulates brain activity and leads to a more positive mood.

The study found an increase in gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) allergic activity in people who practice yoga on a regular basis. The study lasted 12 weeks and compared a group of walking activities with a group of participants who practised yoga on a regular basis and found higher GABA levels in the yoga group. Low GABA levels are associated with anxiety and depression.

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kahala/2745591631/
A woman takes part in a yoga class to learn meditation. For representation only. Image source: Katherine Hala/Flickr.

2. Improve Your Concentration And Concentration

Yoga has been shown to increase people’s concentration. Studies show that after a yoga session, people can improve and stay focused. Researchers compared the yoga group to the group exercising regularly in the gym and found that the group lacked concentration when asked to perform a task. There was no definitive answer as to why this could happen. However, researchers pointed out that yoga leads to less anxiety that can increase self-awareness and improve cognitive function.

3. Improve The Connection Between Mind And Body

Yoga has long been shown to improve the relationship between the mind and body, primarily by using specific postures and breathing techniques. Certain postures and breathing techniques have been shown to increase blood circulation to the entire brain and nervous system.

The conversation your body has between the mind and the body can be enhanced by many types of movements and exercises. Yoga is ideal for this purpose as it facilitates the synchronisation of movement and respiratory regulation. Ultimately, yoga is about the unity of mind and body on both sides of the same coin.

4. Increase Self-Awareness

Many psychotherapists and naturopaths promote self-awareness. Those who seek it should be warned that it is not simple. But yoga can generate this awareness and the rewards are great. Once achieved, life becomes a much richer experience, with a life perspective and an overall positive attitude, yoga practitioners experience physical sensations that are not normally felt within the bounds of self-normal consciousness. You can experience it.

More from Alexander Zingman

By Anuska Roy

By Saumya Rastogi