This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Internshala. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

5 Ways Beginners Can Learn New-Age Digital Marketing Tools

More from Internshala

Digital marketing is a promising career path for learners, from all backgrounds, offering a high pay scale, job security, variety of roles, and exciting growth opportunities. Perhaps every service or product-based business’ marketing tactics are now incomplete without utilizing the digital space aptly. Be it SEO, Google ads, email marketing, social media marketing, or content marketing, leveraging digital marketing tools is affordable and essential for organizations to build a positive brand image. For fresh graduates who are budding bloggers, job seekers, or entrepreneurs, acquiring new-age digital marketing skills could be a rewarding career move. Although there are various ways you can learn digital marketing, here are the 5 best solutions for beginners to acquire or upgrade digital marketing skillsets. 

Representational Image.
  • Read digital marketing blogs or books – Reading about a field or topic and understanding the basics thoroughly, should be the first step to explore your interests deeply and build your domain-specific knowledge. Reading books and blogs by experts would help you grasp the benefits, type of opportunities, salary trends, job roles, limitations of the field, popular industries, major trends, technological innovations, and recruiter expectations, associated with the field. Start reading general content about digital marketing initially and then narrow it down to the tools or topics that excite you. Learn about ORM, Google analytics, inbound marketing, search engines algorithms, and ranking, types of digital advertising, and so on from top industry leaders, writers, bloggers, and experienced game-changers in the field to kick start your digital marketing career. 
  • Enroll in a professional digital marketing online training or specialization – Professional courses tend to deliver high-quality practical first learning experience. Designed and curated by industry experts, such programs sequentially teach you every concept from scratch, are beginner-friendly, can be self-learned, and also include valid certifications. New learners can either choose a short-term training, 4-6 weeks long, or a specialization that is more comprehensive and practice-driven, depending on their budget, time availability, goals, and magnitude of interest in the field. Try to spend 1-2 hours every day on the training program to maintain consistency, evaluate your learning capacity, and explore your newfound interests. Featuring an industry-oriented curriculum, recognized certifications, 24×7 expert support, and complete placement assistance, such courses are one of the best ways to learn digital marketing. 
  • Practice constantly to get industry-ready – It is a well-known fact that #practicemakesprogress. Practice helps reduce errors, automates even the most complex processes, relaxes the mind, increases efficiency, strengthens the knowledge base, and makes the implementation of theoretical concepts simpler. It also makes you ready to face real-world challenges during an internship or job. Enrolling in an online digital marketing course would, by default, feature a lot of assignments, quizzes, and projects. You would start your blog, practice Google Analytics to track different metrics, create a LinkedIn business page, conduct social media audit, create a Google search campaign, and build your portfolio. Deploy different digital marketing tools and concepts on your blog and practice consistently to strengthen your domain-specific skills. 
  • Stay updated with the latest trends and news – Knowledge of recent trends, technological advancements, recruiter expectations, and popular skills and certifications, in digital marketing, highlights your mastery in the field and makes you more relevant to the recruiters. Your campaigns, content, and research and analysis metrics become more customer-centric. You learn to keep an eye on the competitors, shortlist and know more about the organizations you wish you work with, understand the thought leaders’ views, and keep advancing your skillset and tools known. Conduct secondary research, talk to fellow bloggers or learners, sign up for newsletters, check Google trends and Google alerts, and go through industry-specific news daily to bring a disruption in the digital world. 
  • Apply for digital marketing internship opportunities – Interning with brands in the digital marketing space is a great way to take your professional skills a step ahead. Internships help determine your capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses. You learn additional skills like punctuality, teamwork, creativity, analytical thinking, rigor, and ideation skills that are transferable and highly demanded across different industries. You can apply for in-office, part-time, work from home, or full-time internship opportunities and can deal with all the workplace challenges. Internships add up to your resume, validate your learning, build confidence, let you work with national or international clients, make you job-ready, help you build a professional network, get positive recommendations, and even get a PPO offer. 

Courtesy: Internshala Trainings (training.internshala.com) – e-learning platform to learn new-age skills from Internshala

More from Internshala

By Niti Kumar

By Neha Yadav