This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Taushif Patel. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

10 Ways To Improve And Evolve Your Personality

More from Taushif Patel

You should continue to evolve as a person if you want to live a better and happier life. Learn 10 best tips to improve your personality in this article.

The personality is the usual pattern of thoughts, feelings, and behaviours that distinguishes a person. When we remark that someone has a “good personality,” we mean that they are liked, engaging, and enjoyable to be around. To that end, having a nice personality is essential – perhaps even more so than having excellent looks.

How successfully you connect with others will determine about 85 per cent of your success and pleasure. In the end, it is your personality that decides whether others are drawn to you or avoid you. While we may only change our appearance to a certain amount, we can develop our personalities as much as we desire.

Representational Image.

We now know that not only can we enhance our personalities, but we can also develop them in ways we did not previously comprehend or believe were possible! Until recently, it was thought that personality was fixed.

In his landmark work The Principles of Psychology, William James, the famed Harvard psychologist, stated in 1890 that personality was “fixed in plaster” by early adulthood. This viewpoint held sway for almost a century; nevertheless, the notion that personality is more flexible has gained traction over time. We have realised that we have influence and control over whatever qualities and features we wish to grow or enhance.

Here are the 10 best tips to improve your personality.

Be Grateful To God

Remember Phill Collins’ song ‘Another Day in Paradise,’ in which he states that you should be grateful to the One Almighty God for what you have.

You’ve undoubtedly heard it a million times before, but maintaining a thankfulness diary of things you’re grateful for may have a significant impact on your mentality. According to research, adding thankfulness into your everyday life might help you avoid stress, enhance your sleep, and create more good social interactions.

To help you pinpoint what you’re thankful for, Anna Hennings, MA, a mental performance coach in sport psychology, suggests utilising the acronym GIFT. Make a note of why you’re glad for each item on your list of things to be grateful for, advises Hennings.

Be An Attentive Listener

Listening is an important aspect of communication. It will assist you in seeing the issue from the perspective of the speakers. When someone speaks to you, make an effort to maintain eye contact. It will make them feel valued and show that you are actively listening and interested in them. Every few minutes, try to repeat back what they have said to you. So you can demonstrate that you are aware of what they are saying.

Get More Knowledge

Increasing one’s knowledge is one approach to build one’s personality. Every day, I read current events and new novels. The more you read, the more you will grasp a wide range of subjects and topics, and you will be able to initiate engaging conversations rather than looking dull and monotonous.

Create An optimistic Attitude

90% of our emotions are controlled by how we say to ourselves during the day, so start each day with some positive affirmations like “I love myself”, “I can do it”, “I am healthy”, “I am enthusiastic about today” and “I am loved”. Every day, practise visualizing Visualize yourself in a favourable circumstance. Always have optimistic expectations since we influence them. We should constantly anticipate the best and strive for happiness and success.

Stop Assessing And Analysing People

When you begin to pass judgement on someone, ask yourself, “What do I truly know about this person?” and the answer will be something along the lines of “not much,” then pick one thing you appreciate about that individual and compliment them out. When you stop judging, you can be calmer and yourself. By doing so, you will be able to enjoy your life to the fullest and connect with people without a filter.

Expand Your Network

There’s a saying that means that there may come a time when will need someone you think is not important. You must meet more new individuals to enhance your social abilities.

Seek relationships with people who are not like your present pals so that you may become a more well-rounded person. Always make an effort to meet new individuals. Participate in group discussions, seminars, and workshops whenever possible. It will enable you to be more open and adaptable in a group setting. It gives you a lot of experience and allows you to learn a lot from different individuals. You may learn about different cultures, ideas, and perspectives, which will broaden your understanding. People with strong personalities like being in the company of others.

Effective Communication

If you truly want people to listen to you, you must be an effective communicator. If you are clear in your communication, you will notice that others respond to you better and more often than not pleasantly. Talking, listening, watching, and knowing when to speak and when to stop is all part of being a good conversationalist.

Always pause before speaking. It is difficult to learn everything, but if you are skilled at conversing, you will be able to share your knowledge while also learning from others. Improve your English since it is a globally acknowledged language that is desired worldwide; therefore, improve your English knowledge by enrolling in any top spoken English class.

Keep your promise

Most of the time, people with good personalities are highly dependable and honest. By honouring their commitments, trustworthy individuals earn our hearts and our admiration. Integrity significantly improves a person’s personality. So always maintain your word.

For example, try to arrive five minutes earlier than the time set for a meeting. It shows that you keep your word and respect the time of others. It means to do what you say and do it in the right manner.

Improve Your Sense Of Humour

According to one research, 91 per cent of executives believe that having a sense of humour is crucial for professional progression, and 84 per cent say that those with a strong sense of humour perform a better job. Humour adds flavour to life. We need to add comedy to the dish of life to make it more interesting. We like the company of those who make us grin or laugh. People with a sense of humour have more appealing personalities.

Be Helpful To Others

One of the best tips to improve your personality is to be helpful to others, as people who are willing to assist others are always admired. When things aren’t going well, everyone wishes they had a friend or cheerleader on their side. This is one of the most valuable traits you can bring to your personality.

More from Taushif Patel

By Callens Institute

By Jay Velury

By Imran Ghazi