This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Kaleem Shaikh. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Opinion: Here’s Why Muslims Should Support The AIMIM In UP

The fate of India is in the hands of UP, especially the Muslims. If they want, they can eradicate oppression, atrocities and injustice from the country. To stop the incidents of violence against Muslims, it is necessary to overthrow the government of UP.

Muslims have always taken the side of the Samajwadi Party (SP), the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) and Congress, yet no concrete steps have been taken for the education and employment of Muslims, violence against Muslims has not stopped and justice has not been done to the victims.

Even today Muslims are proud of the SP and consider it as their party. I want to ask Muslims, how did the BJP win 80 parliamentary seats in UP in 2014? Why did the Samajwadi alliance lose in 2017 despite the alliance between Congress and SP?

In 2019, the SP and BSP formed an alliance, but why did they not succeed? Muslims had voted for the SP and its alliance, so how did the BJP win every election in UP after 2014?

Representative Image.

Muslims need to work on a successful political strategy. The All India Majlis-e-Ittehad-ul-Muslimeen (AIMIM) in UP is also preparing to throw its full force this time. Asaduddin Owaisi has been touring UP continuously for the last 2 months and has also addressed many meetings. Owaisi’s party is accused of being the B team of BJP which has no truth.

The people of UP say that Owaisi made Deputy Chief Minister in Hyderabad (Telangana State). Mahmood Ali is the Deputy Chief Minister in Telangana along with the Home Ministry.

The successful political strategy of the AIMIM was that in 2004 when political parties of Andhra Pradesh included Muslim reservations in their manifesto before the elections and the Congress had to keep its promise. Even though Rajasthan, Delhi, Maharashtra, Assam and many other states were ruled by the Congress, why was Muslim reservation was not available there?

Despite Telangana Rashtra Samithi’s landslide victory in 2014, the Chief Minister himself had offered the ministry to AIMIM. They did not accept it and requested the government take affirmative action to empowered Muslim minorities in the state.

Today in Telangana the minority budget is ₹1,600 crore. About 70,000 students are studying in 202 minority residential schools. There is a Shaadi Mubarak scheme for poor girls in which the government gives financial assistance of ₹1 lakh, on which about ₹200 crores has been spent so far.

In UP, if Muslims adopt a successful political strategy and align the AIMIM with other political parties to overthrow the BJP, a new era will begin.

There is a Congress government with Shiv Sena in Maharashtra. To make BSP and SP truly secular, there is a need to strengthen the AIMIM in UP.

More from Kaleem Shaikh

By Simran Pavecha

By Marhaba Hilali

By Geetika Bakshi