This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Manish Shrimal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Five Must-Have Skills To Look For When Hiring Android Developers

More from Manish Shrimal

These days, almost every business requires a mobile app, as it’s the new, trendy thing! Android is one of the major players when it comes to the mobile market—73% of the total smartphones have an Android operating system.

To build a successful android app, you need to know how to choose professional android app developer. These Android app developers should be well-experienced in the required skills to deliver you with an excellent app.

An illustration featuring a hand holding a mobile phone and another one clicking something on top of it. There are light, grey coloured cogs in the background.
About 73% of the total smartphones have an Android operating system. Representational image. Photo credit: mobiroller.com

Your business can really excel with the use of an Android app, as it provides you with a platform where your clients can be in touch with you, and you will know your products better. The concept of using an app for business, marketing and sales, is one of the best options out there.

Customers also like stuff to be delivered to their doorsteps. As the trend of mobile apps is on a high, a lot of techies are learning how to become a good Android developer. They are equipping themselves with the basics and trying to become skilled at it.

Mobile apps is one of the acclaimed markets of the world now, because it’s a regular employment. If you have a mobile app, you will need updates in the future and for that you require an expert app developer.

Five Skills To Check For Before You Hire Android Developers 

Excellent in Java – It is one of the most basic requirements for an Android developer to have an extensive knowledge of and experience with Java. They should be aware of complex Java structure and syntax, to efficiently code an impeccable app.

It is essential for the developers to have knowledge as well as experience in the object-oriented programming (OOP) and concepts of OOP. They should be aware of the variables, list, loops and other programming concepts.

Proficient in SQL – Most Android apps require something to store user data, which is used as a back-end. It enables you to manage a very large amount of data. It also provides you with an option to store the data locally and in the cloud.

In order to manage the database, proficiency in SQL (structured query language) is must. You should really see that the developer you hire has good command over SQL. 

An expert in XML codes – As you are aware, the core development of any mobile app is done through Java, but for other things and for the appearance, XML (extensible markup language) is required. Appearance also matters a lot.

XML provides you with a foundation of layout for any Android mobile app. XML and its standards are used to code some of the essential parts of all apps. It gives you an interface to process information between several devices consistently. 

Android SDK Knowledge –  It’s very much necessary for an Android developer to have good knowledge when it comes to the Android software development kit (SDK). Its concepts should be well understood by the developer.

The basics—which mostly deals with layout and views, getting data from the web, user input, action bar, activities and their life cycle, storing date and densities—should be very clear to them.

The developer should also have good understanding as well as knowledge of documentation and communication. It becomes essential that before you hire any Android app developer, you check that they know their way around the SDK. 

The back of a man staring at a computer screen with code on it.
As the world becomes increasingly digital, the demand for apps and app developers has spiked. Representational image. Photo credit: potomac.edu

Experience in Android studio – The Android studio’s integrated development environment is an important software, which provides you with all the necessary tools to write as well as design an Android app.

It is an essential tool when it comes to the development of any mobile Android app, as it provides you with all the required tools which will make your work, fast and easy. It comes with certain functions like test and debug which gives you usability while writing codes for an Android app.

It provides you with features to code efficiently, without worrying about bugs. You should make sure you hire someone a good knowledge of Android studio. 

Featured image is for representational purposes only. Photo credit: Sukhjinder, PixaHive.

More from Manish Shrimal

By Ombir Sharma

By BaluSingh RajPurohit

By leap.club team