This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Gaurav Bora. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

How Do You Make Classrooms A Positive Learning Environment?

school students in classroom
A happy environment is key for students to learn and grow.

The classroom environment influences the student’s learning, mood, and behavior. So it is very important to make the classroom environment a positive one where students feel comfortable.

Everything should be the way it should be to make the most of space. Everything should be labeled. So that they get to know what things belong where and this helps them to place that object in right place. Create an arrangement that is easy to understand.

Designing a visible classroom schedule and hanging it on the wall will help students to know about the entire day. This builds confidence in the student.

It should also include a variety of objects such as pencils, markers, and sketchbooks. It can also be made to have a natural look by using plants that are not harmful to the kids. It should be visible to all students. Display the student’s work or you can a collage and hang it on the wall. So that they can feel proud when they saw it. That conveys also that their work is valued and very important.

Take pictures of your student in the first week of school. You can make a collage of that pictures in which the name are mentioned with their name. When students saw that collage, they get to know that who they are in the classroom. The collage should be placed on the visible area. Display your picture on your desk and something that tells about you and your life. Parents will appreciate that and they feel more safe and comfortable with you if they know more about you.

Make it home like it means when students first come into your classroom greet each child with a smile and give them a comment. The classroom does not look institutional they will feel uncomfortable. Create some comfortable space like bring some flowers, plants and provide some soft lighting.

From the first-day students start learning, so we have to teach them that what is their responsibility in the classroom. The best way to teach them is to allocate them some type of classroom jobs. Your job display should be visual so that students can see what they are supposed to do and their name associated with the job or task.

Make it simple and easy to understand. Having too many things in the wall cause congestion or is too overwhelming for them to understand. You make the classroom environment to be easy to understand. One tip is to take a look around your classroom or take a picture of it then analyze, from this you can manage/recreate the environment.

More from Gaurav Bora

By Pranav Jeevan P

By SHARDA SINGH

By