This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Roman Regin. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Do You Know How To Use Instagram Hashtags?

Instagram has become one of the most used social media platforms in today’s world, and just like that, Instagram hashtags can play a major role in building or damaging your profile. If you use them correctly, it will help your posts to be seen by a vast number of people. Similarly, if you do not use it correctly, it can actually be damaging to your profile.

Instagram hashtags and how they work
Instagram hashtags work to create or break your Instagram marketing strategy.

Instagram hashtags work to create or break your Instagram marketing strategy. By using them correctly, you will see your posts through more people. People will be interested in your product or brand, and your posts will get more promotion which will rank your post. But misusing them can harm you and get punished by Instagram’s algorithm from creating disturbance for the powerful audience.

What Are Instagram Hashtags?

The first important thing to know is what are these Instagram hashtags? Well, Instagram hashtag is a mixture of numbers, letters and emojis but with # symbol. These hashtags are used to make your content more discoverable by more people. The next question is, why do people use these hashtags?

They use them to expand their Instagram audience, and they can also be used to build an online community. For example, when the Covid-19 pandemic hit the world, Nike used #playinside to engage more local population through their brand. There are nine different types of popular Instagram hashtags: special event hashtag, location hashtag, product hashtag, niche hashtag, daily hashtag, and emoji hashtag.

How Many Hashtags Can You Use On Instagram?

Another question that arises is how many hashtags a person should or can use on Instagram? You can add up to 10 hashtags to your story and up to 30 on your regular post. These hashtags are allowed per story or per post, but this does not mean that you should use this massive number of hashtags. The most suggested number of hashtags to use is between 1 to 3.

Hashtags can be clicked. When a person clicks on Instagram hashtags or searches for Instagram hashtags, a page is shown to that person on which all posts related to that hashtag are shown. In simple terms, all the posts in which that hashtag is used are shown.

Use Of Instagram Hashtags

Using a hashtag plays an essential role in increasing your Instagram audience and gaining more access. When you use a hashtag, your post appears on this hashtag related page. In addition, if you use a hashtag on your Instagram story, then your story is added to this tag related story page, which also appears on the hashtag page.

Many people also choose to follow hashtags, which means if someone hasn’t followed you yet, they can also see your post after following this hashtag. This also increases the possibility that if someone likes your post, they should follow you too.

Instagram hashtags can be a useful tool to build an online community that lets people stay engaged with your brand. For example, the way people have changed their way of working in 2021. For example, Infinix used #moon photographer for their upcoming mobile phone.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Youth Ki Awaaz (@youthkiawaaz)

Benefits Of Using Instagram Hashtags

What is the point of hashtags for your brand? Instagram hashtags have many benefits for your brand. It doesn’t matter what your social media goals are; everyone can find an advantage.

1. Hashtags are a great way to get your Instagram posts in front of more people: Here are five reasons to start using hashtags on Instagram:
  2. Hashtags make your posts searchable: If you include a hashtag in your post, anyone who searches for that hashtag will see your post. This is a great way to reach new people who might be interested in your content.
  3. Hashtags help you to target your audience: You can encourage the use of branded hashtags as another way of engaging. Search results that have tags are saved, as are feed posts that have tags and stories that have tags. Social media can be used to connect with your audience and engage them.
  4. Hashtags increase engagement: Studies have shown that posts with hashtags receive more likes and comments than posts without hashtags. Hashtags are a good way to encourage engagement in your posts.
  5. Hashtags make it easier for others to share your content: One of the most important benefits of using hashtags is that they allow people who aren’t already following you to discover your content. If someone sees a post that they like, they can easily share it with their followers by clicking on the hashtag. This helps to expand the reach of your posts and grow your audience.

Competitor Analysis

What percentage of your market is taken up by your competitors’ digital presence? Use hashtags to find out what percentage of your market your competitors have. Most likely, you’ll have overlapping hashtags with your competitors, especially if they are local and industry-related. You would want to dominate those hashtag search results with your posts as well as those tagged by your customers. If you want ideas about where your brand is falling short compared to your competitors, you can look at posts with your relevant hashtags for content inspiration.

How To Find The Right Hashtag For Yourself Or Your Brand?

Firstly, check out the competition in the industry. Look for the hashtags that are used by the competitor industry. Secondly, look for the hashtags that are already being used by a large community or large number of audiences.

Looking for these already used hashtags will help you expand your audience and reach the people who are most interested in your business. For this purpose, you need to keep an eye on your followers’ hashtags.

One of the best hashtags is the one that you create yourself. Create a good and catchy hashtag for your brand and let your audience know about it by adding it to your bio, posts, and stories. In this way, you can include more and more audiences.

What’s The Right Way To Use Hashtags?

It is always considered an important factor to use hashtags correctly. Therefore, while creating your Instagram post, make sure to add content relevant hashtags below in the caption. These content-relevant hashtags will no doubt help people discover your content more than before, which will result in getting more reach on your IG.

1. Use of popular hashtags: Firstly, always keep this in consideration to only use relevant hashtags to your content niche. Then to get more reach, keep this in mind to always search and select those hashtags which are popular ones. They will lead your Instagram followers and views to another level when people search those popular tags and reach you out.
  2. Number of necessary hashtags: Instagram allows you to use only 30 hashtags on each of your posts. Now it’s up to you to use them according to your choice. While following Instagram instructions, recently Instagram has given this advice to the creators to keep the number between 3-5 hashtags. According to Instagram strategy, this is work for the creators.

Conclusion

Hashtags play an important role in growing reach on your Instagram. The thing is to use them in the right way. They seem to have an impact on your Instagram growth which helps you increase your Instagram business.

More from Roman Regin

By Kavya Rajendran

By Pradyumn Singh