This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Jitendra Meena. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Once Made Fun Of For Being A Villager, Atul Is Now An Entrepreneur To Help Kids Like Him

More from Jitendra Meena

There are many people who see a lot of trouble at first but keep on doing their hard work despite failing many times. Today, we are going to tell you a similar story.

Born in a middle-class family of the Mandrayal tehsil of Karauli district, Atul Kumar did his schooling in Mandrayal in Hindi medium from a government school. After studying till Class 12, in 2004, he moved to Jiwaji University, Gwalior, to complete his B.Sc. He went on to pursue biotechnology but did not understand much about the field.

School children laughing in india
When a youth from a village goes to a city to study, those born in an urban environment make fun of the youth. | Representational image.

However, after graduating from there, he went on to study MBA from the International Institute of Management Studies, Pune, in 2007. Atul, who had come from a rural environment, saw a very different environment in the city of Pune during his MBA.

It is quite often that when a youth from a village goes to a city to study, the youth born in an urban environment makes fun of them because they are considered cowards and speak in Hindi. The same happened with Atul. He says that children from rich homes used to make fun of his rustic style and used to ask him to go back to the village as no one would hire them in a company.

Despite these challenges, Atul worked very hard and completed his MBA diligently. He was the topper during his MBA internship, for which he also got the Best Intern Award. He completed his MBA degree in 2009 and thought of doing something new in life. With his determination and strong intentions, he started a consultancy company named Neurons Education Services in Jaipur in 2010.

This company guides students for MBBS courses. The company is playing a major role in getting admission in MBBS in foreign colleges as well. According to Atul, he has counselled more than 5,000 children so far through his company.

Atul’s company has counselled more than 5,000 children so far. Credits: Hridayam 2020 | Flickr

Atul explains that his motive behind starting this company is to give the right guidance to children who wander around to get to the right place after getting an education. After completing his education, Atul too was hurt because of not being getting proper guidance. Hence, he chose the path of running his business on the basis of this. Atul laments that he did not find any guiding mentor himself during his school and college time. Now, he doesn’t want to let this happen to anyone else. With this intention, he started a consultancy company in education services.

Atul may be moving towards making his own identity through this company, but he has not forgotten his place of birth. Since 2018, he has been running a pension scheme across 23 panchayats under his grandparents’ name for the widowed women of Agrawal Samaj in Mandrayal. He is handling the responsibility of sustenance by selecting seven widowed women for five years under the name of Smt. Kamoda Devi, Gopilal Patwari Widow Pension.

During the second wave of Covid, he assisted as a Bhamashah while setting up an oxygen plant under the campaign of Rajasthan Patrika in Karauli. Apart from this, he also assists in the running of special schools for the disabled from time to time.

Don’t stop until your goal is achieved.

Atul believes in taking resources to the people who need them the most. This has been inspired by a quote by Swami Vivekananda: “Arise, awake and stop not till the goal is achieved.”

More from Jitendra Meena

By Kavya Rajendran

By Pradyumn Singh