Youth Ki Awaaz is hiring a Delhi-based sub-editor to work with the company’s editorial team on daily content.
Applicants should have experience editing news and feature content. This person should also have a familiarity with Indian politics, a passion for social impact, and an understanding of issues that matter to young people.
Work with the Senior Editor and other editors to
- Work on the development and execution of the overall content strategy to source stories from our contributors
- Work with multiple writers to come up with story ideas and help them through the writing process
- Coming up with hyper-local story ideas with the other editors on a daily basis and writing on pertinent topics and issues across thematic areas, from politics and social issues to art and culture.
- Edit and publish about 6-8 articles a day. You will alternate between writing and editing to have sufficient experience of both.
- Conduct editorial and writing training in campuses across the country
- One plus years of copy-editing experience, particularly editorial and news content.
- Conversant with WordPress or any other CMS
- Experience in online news production and understanding of SEO, Google Analytics and social media analytics (preferred but not mandatory)
- Extremely detail oriented with spellings, grammar, and usage.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Willingness to work hard in a dynamic role.
How to apply
Send us a copy of your latest CV with two unpublished writing samples (preferably on current affairs/news) and a cover email detailing out your experiences and learnings, and how you could add value to YKA – at firstname.lastname@example.org.